DePaul’s Student Government Association held a meeting on Nov. 5 to discuss general affairs.
- Newly elected EVP of DePaul Jeff Bethke came to speak to the group. He currently serves as treasurer of the university, and will assume his new position in January.
- President Vanessa Cadavillo described SGA’s efforts to promote MAP as being in “full throttle.” According to Cadavillo, State House Representatives will vote on funding the program on Tuesday, Nov. 10.
- Cadavillo reported that SGA was commended during a Board of Trustees meeting that she attended for its MAP work.
- Additionally, Cadavillo reached out to Bob McCormick, who is Vice President of Information Services, to inquire about recurring Wi-Fi issues. Students are urged to call DePaul’s technology support office if they encounter such problems.
Vice President’s Report
- MAP advocacy events will be held on both DePaul campuses on Monday, Nov. 9.
- Vice President Ric Popp encouraged General Body members to fill out course evaluations and to urge their constituents to do so as well. A more thorough completion of course evaluations will help improve the new data available for certain colleges on Campus Connect.
- EVP of Student Affairs Patrick Pfohl reported that the most recent Student Leader Round Tables went well.
- Several senators detailed their efforts to promote MAP funding within their individual constituencies.
- Senator for Second Year Students Amanda Cervantes created a survey to ask students if they would like a dessert bar in the rotating Student Center restaurant next quarter.
- Senator for Graduate Students Chris Witting created a survey for graduate students to get feedback about financial aid.