DePaul’s Student Government Association discussed winter break recaps, upcoming events and the ever-present MAP funding issue during its first meeting of Winter Quarter.
- Peter Coffey, the Vice President for Community and Government Relations at DePaul, spoke to the group about MAP grant appropriation and the duties of his office. He especially urged students to complete their FAFSA financial aid forms before Feb. 1, which best ensures access to full state funding.
- Jesse Bruer was chosen as the new Senator for the School of Music.
- SGA’s efforts to promote MAP continue into Winter Quarter. Students will soon be able to add a short message to postcard in the hopes that state politicians will take additional notice to the personalized touch.
- President Vanessa Cadavillo discussed SGA’s role in Blue Demon Week.
Vice President’s Report
- Vice President Ric Popp reminded the general body that they must attend three events for at least 30 minutes during this quarter, as per the new rules of the constitution.
- Treasurer Damien Wille presented the budget to the general body for its quarterly review, another new feature of the constitution.
- EVP of Academic Affairs Kristina Pouliot discussed her committee’s efforts to find a way to make textbooks more affordable for the student body.
- EVP of Student Affairs said that his committee’s top initiative for the quarter is promoting voter registration, especially before the primaries and general election of the presidential race.