You’re here for who? Wavves, Whitney, Lolawolf

We did the homework so you don’t have to. Check back each week for the scoop on bands you can’t miss at Pitchfork, Lollapalooza, North Coast and Riot Fest this year.

wavvesWavves

Lollapalooza

After releasing their fifth studio album “V” last summer, and spending the winter touring with Best Coast and Cherry Glazerr as part of the Summer is Forever II Tour, Wavves is getting ready to take on Lollapalooza on July 28.

Wavves has had a continuously changing sound, which has evolved since their lo-fi self-titled debut album, taking on more surf rock and pop punk influences throughout further releases — but throughout the course of their tenure the band has produced lyrics that speak to the fact that sometimes life just sucks.

The pop punk band was formed in 2008 by frontman Nathan Williams, originally as a solo recording project for him with touring members. But the band now is composed of four members, including Williams, whose live performances are the epitome of a perfect punk set: fast, loud and incredibly fun.

whitneyWhitney

Pitchfork

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, Chicago natives Whitney, featuring Max Kakacek and Julian Ehrlich of the band Smith Westerns, formed after the earlier breakup of the indie band. Whitney formed in 2015 and their debut album, “Light Upon the Lake” is due out in June on their record label, Secretly Canadian. The album features their first single, “No Woman,” a haunting country ballad.

The band is currently on a tour, which includes a sold-out date at Thalia Hall this week is preparing to play numerous festivals this summer throughout Europe and are also playing a hometown set at this year’s Pitchfork Music Festival.

The genre-spanning group is sure to put on a great performance — and an important one to see, before they get too big. With the precedent set by Kakacek and Ehrlich’s former band, it’s a safe bet that that will happen.

lolawolfLolawolf

Lollapalooza

There’s no shortage of actors who decide to become musicians for no discernable reason and no real amount of talent, but Zoë Kravitz is not one of those celebrities. The “Mad Max: Fury Road” and “X Men: First Class” star is beyond talented at singing, taking after her dad, Lenny Kravitz, and fronts the band Lolawolf, who are playing Lollapalooza on July 30.

The R&B and electropop trio also features keyboardist James Levy, who has performed and toured with numerous bands along with drummer and producer Jimmy Giannopolous.

The band has released two EPs, “Lolawolf” in 2014 and “Every F— Day” in 2015, along with a full-length album, “Calm Down” in Oct. 2014. They have held their own while touring with acts such as Lily Allen and Miley Cyrus, and also performed at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas. The band’s entertaining and impressive live performance is not to be missed at this year’s Lollapalooza.