The Under 21 Life

Where to go for Chicago’s finest music, comedy, food, and games…

UP Comedy Club

230 W North Ave

If there’s two things that Chicago does right, it’s pizza and comedy.  So snag yourself a slice of Lou Malnati’s deep dish, and head over to the city’s newest Second City comedy theater. Whether you prefer stand-up, sketch or improve, the UP Comedy Club provides the perfect environment for a night out, coupled with a no drink minimum plus a full-service kitchen.  Get ready to laugh and cry at some of the city’s top comedy shows.

Lincoln Hall

2424 N Lincoln Ave

Just a walk down Fullerton, Lincoln Hall serves as just one of the many music scenes to escape to in Chicago.  With artists big and small, the music hall is cozy enough for a personal concert experience–an aspect other music outlets lack in the city. And if you’re craving some good food, you’re in luck because right next door Schubas Tavern provides a variety of food, with far more quality than the average bar grub.

feat-im-lincolnhall_history
Lincoln Hall. (Photo Courtesy of LINCOLN HALL)

Waveland Bowl

3700 N Western Ave

In a city where Lucky Strike and Pinstripes bowling alleys cost around 20 dollars a game, Chicago is fortunate to have a gem like Waveland Bowl.  Open all day from 9 a.m. to 1 a.m., and prices that range as low as 1 dollar and as high as 6 dollars a game, this is the perfect spot for a night out with a group of friends.  And be sure to look out for deals on food and games, because if Waveland Bowl wasn’t already cheap enough, the word ‘free’ is never something a student should look over.

Chinatown & Little Italy

A little different than the previous spots but nonetheless worthy to explore, Chinatown and Little Italy not only offer a glimpse into just a couple of Chicago’s diverse and densely populated communities, but also a window into the food, entertainment and music behind these cultures.