You’re here for who?: The New Pornographers, The Revolution, The Chainsmokers

We did the homework so you don’t have to. Check back each week for the scoop on bands you can’t miss at some of Chicago’s hottest music venues.

The New Pornographers

April 19

Fresh off the release of their seventh studio album “Whiteout Conditions,” Canadian indie rock band The New Pornographers returns to the Metro this month, bringing their pop-folk and indie sound to Chicago. Indie folk band Waxahatchee will be opening for the show, providing an impressive set duo for any indie music fans in the city.

Even if ticket prices are too steep for this April concert, they’d be worth the price given The New Pornographers rarely travel south of Canada when they’re not on an album tour.  While there are a great number of indie artists in Chicago, no band produces such anthem and chanting music like The New Pornographers.

The Revolution

April 23-24

Also playing at the Metro this spring is The Revolution, the American rock band best known as the backing band for Prince’s “Purple Rain.”  While the group broke up during the ’80s, a good number of members, from guitarist Wendy Melvoin to drummer Bobby Z, have returned in tribute after the death of Prince last year.

Playing on April 23 and 24, the band’s performance is just a few days after the one year anniversary of Prince’s sudden death.  For any fan of Prince, it’d be a shame to miss the rhythm, blues and psychedelic sounds of The Revolution.

The Chainsmokers

April 29

Loved by some, hated by the rest, The Chainsmokers’  rise to fame may have been sudden yet the EDM duo has been shunned by much of the music community due to their “frat-like behavior.”

Though they may not be the most likable artists, the American DJ/producer duo consisting of Andrew Taggart and Alex Pall have managed to hit the top of the radio charts more than once.

While they’re surprisingly not playing at any festivals this spring and summer, your best bet to catch the duo is at Allstate later this month.