You’re here for who?: Deadmau5, Father John Misty and The Weeknd

We did the homework so you don’t have to. Check back each week for the scoop on bands you can’t miss at some of Chicago’s hottest music venues.

Deadmau5

While EDM certainly isn’t for everyone, if you’re a fan of the music then there’s a strong chance you’re familiar with Deadmau5 (pronounced “dead mouse”), otherwise known as Joel Zimmerman.  The Canadian record producer and DJ has grown quickly to fame through the house music genre, as he frequently plays at music festivals around the world and recently became one of the highest paid electronic music producers in the world.

Joining the ranks of other masked music artist like Marshmello and Daft Punk, Deadmau5’s popularity not only guarantees a packed house at the Aragon this week, but also an unforgettable concert experience for any EDM fan.

Father John Misty

Fresh off the release of his new album “Pure Comedy,” the former Fleet Foxes drummer Joshua Tillman (also known by his stage name Father John Misty) returns to the Chicago Theatre this month to test out his new latest folk and country mix sound.

Joined by Dams of the West, the solo project by Vampire Weekend’s drummer Chris Tomson, this concert is easily one of the most anticipated performances for any indie folk fan. And while the coupled line up is top notch, the price for a ticket shouldn’t break anyone’s bank as it comes in for less than $50.

The Weeknd

Probably the biggest artist to hit the Chicago area this month, the once unknown singer-songwriter Abel Tesfaye, now known as The Weeknd, visits the city’s Allstate Arena.

Touring for his latest album “Starboy,” the artist will mostly perform his newest tracks of pop music, though he will surely play some of his older tunes.

The only downside to The Weeknd’s top of the notch popularity is that ticket prices exceed far above $100.