You’re here for who?: Bonobo, Jambinai, The 1975, Bleachers, and Jimmy Eat World

We did the homework so you don’t have to. Check back each week for the scoop on bands you can’t miss at some of Chicago’s hottest music venues.

Bonobo

May 18

British musician and DJ Simon Green, better known by his stage name Bonobo, returns to Chicago this month to play at Logan Square’s Concord Music Hall.  Using DJ sets coupled with a live band, Bonobo’s style lies in a mix of electronica and instrumental music.  While it may not be for everyone, Bonobo’s sound is undeniably original during a time where it’s almost impossible to differentiate the music from all DJs.     

Fresh off his sixth studio album “Migration,” Bonobo’s concert in Chicago couldn’t come at a better time, as the artist is due to play some new material this month.

Jambinai

May 18

Formed in Seoul in 2009, the Korean post-rock band has certainly rose to fame over the years as one of the best bands to come out of South Korea recently.  While still fairly new to worldwide tours, this may not be Jambinai’s first concert in Chicago but it is certainly expected to be their biggest as the South Korean trio just released their album “Hermitage,” which was welcomed with rave reviews.

If you’re looking for a new band to see this month, Jambinai’s South Korean punk sound is without a doubt worth checking out.

The 1975, Bleachers, and Jimmy Eat World

May 20

Hosting its annual Piqniq at the Hollywood Casino Amphitheater, local alt-rock radio station 101 WKQX is bringing British pop-rock band The 1975, American indie pop band Bleachers and early 2000s rock band Jimmy Eat World.  The miniature festival arguably has the perfect lineup for any rock or pop-rock fan, with bands from today’s contemporary line-up to a nostalgic throwback to last decade’s.

While it’s a far drive to Tinley Park for this concert, three bands priced under $20 isn’t a bad deal to take advantage of.