#DPUFW: DePaul Fashion Week

This DePaul Freshman, Robert Davis, decided to take on the NYFW vibes in a button down tee, dark jeans, and shiny brown mens boots. (Ashley Fedha, The DePaulia)

Fashion Week is a yearly event in New York City where various designers, fashion icons, and experts come together to display their work. It is usually mistaken as an event solely designated to A-list celebrities, however particular shows are welcome to anyone at a cost.

This year, big name celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Teyanna Taylor, Rihanna and Cardi B attended various fashion shows.

While Chicago is a far from New York, the essence of fashion is present within the city. From indie to classy-chic to punk-rock, Chicago natives and visitors continue to express themselves through fashion. DePaul, being one of the biggest universities in Chicago, is a prime example of people of all backgrounds expressing themselves through fashion. Depaul’s campuses give students the ability to explore Chicago culture, which includes fashion.

DePaul’s Loop campus, in the heart of cosmopolitan Chicago, gives students the chance to interact with the center of it all. Sophomore Morgan Simone Jones said that she “loves having classes downtown because you get to see people you wouldn’t normally see at the Lincoln Park campus.”

“It’s also exciting getting to be a part of Chicago culture and fashion,” Jones said. “I think fashion at DePaul is valued more than a lot of other Chicago schools…just because there are so many different cultures and students with various backgrounds.”

• Emma and Ben are perfectly dressed for the last days of summer. “…I love the sundress trend during the summer,” Young said.”I think I just have a really preppy trend…nothing so fashionable but it is still stylish,” said Stratford. (Ashley Fedha, The DePaulia)

• Simple is the new chic. Emily paired a simple black dress, with some strap sandals for the perfect fall look. “I think my style is just whatever I think is cute at the time. I am trying to expand it though. (Ashley Fedha, The DePaulia)

• This DePaul Freshman, Robert Davis, decided to take on the NYFW vibes in a button down tee, dark jeans, and shiny brown mens boots. (Ashley Fedha, The DePaulia)

• Vanessa pairs a 90s inspired checkered sweater with a pair of high-waisted pants to complete the ideal rock and indie look. She explained how she has “always been interested in unconventional style. My style is different and I think that makes me different.” (Ashley Fedha, The DePaulia)

• Floral season is here. Freshman Stephanie Franklin decided to go for a floral look, matched with black ballerina flats.”My trend always depends on my mood…but I love flowy dresses especially for this weather!” (Ashley Fedha, The DePaulia)