#DPUFW: DePaul Fashion Week

This DePaul Freshman, Robert Davis, decided to take on the NYFW vibes in a button down tee, dark jeans, and shiny brown mens boots. (Ashley Fedha, The DePaulia)

Ashley Fedha

Fashion Week is a yearly event in New York City where various designers, fashion icons, and experts come together to display their work. It is usually mistaken as an event solely designated to A-list celebrities, however particular shows are welcome to anyone at a cost.

This year, big name celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Teyanna Taylor, Rihanna and Cardi B attended various fashion shows.

While Chicago is a far from New York, the essence of fashion is present within the city. From indie to classy-chic to punk-rock, Chicago natives and visitors continue to express themselves through fashion. DePaul, being one of the biggest universities in Chicago, is a prime example of people of all backgrounds expressing themselves through fashion. Depaul’s campuses give students the ability to explore Chicago culture, which includes fashion.

DePaul’s Loop campus, in the heart of cosmopolitan Chicago, gives students the chance to interact with the center of it all. Sophomore Morgan Simone Jones said that she “loves having classes downtown because you get to see people you wouldn’t normally see at the Lincoln Park campus.”

“It’s also exciting getting to be a part of Chicago culture and fashion,” Jones said. “I think fashion at DePaul is valued more than a lot of other Chicago schools…just because there are so many different cultures and students with various backgrounds.”

Emma and Ben are perfectly dressed for the last days of summer. "...I love the sundress trend during the summer," Young said."I think I just have a really preppy trend...nothing so fashionable but it is still stylish," said Stratford. (Ashley Fedha, The DePaulia)