DePaul women’s basketball 2014-2015 schedule released

Winning the Big East regular season and tournament last season has put the Blue Demon’s women’s basketball team in primetime.

They will be featured in three regular season games and as many as six nationally televised games, the program announced today alongside the Big East Conference schedule release.

DePaul will open their conference schedule with Butler on Dec. 3, slated for a noon tipoff at McGrath Phillips Arena. After finishing their non-conference schedule in the rest of the month, including a nationally televised bout with Notre Dame on Dec. 10. Fox Sports 2 will have the broadcast.

The Blue Demons will then go three straight games on the road, taking on Villanova, Georgetown and Marquette to open up their January slate before returning home to take on Xavier on Jan. 11.

They will have three home games in February, including a nationally televised game with St. John’s on Feb. 15, hosted on Fox Sports 1. St. John’s was both the Big East regular season runner-up and the Big East Tournament runner-up, becoming the only Big East other than DePaul to make the NCAA Tournament.

DePaul will close out the season with a home game against Marquette on March 1 on the CBS Sports Network. The Blue Demons will play their part in hosting the Big East Tournament for the second straight year with Allstate Arena hosting the quarterfinals, semifinals and finals. McGrath Phillips Arena will host the first two play-in games.

The Blue Demons look to return to the NCAA Tournament for the fourth straight season as they open up their 2014-2015 slate with a huge game against Texas A&M, the team that ended their season in last year’s Sweet Sixteen.