DemonTHON: Students raise funds by ‘raising the roof’

• Annual DemonTHON raises $250,896.07 in 24 hours. (Cody Corrall | The DePaulia)

• (Cody Corrall | The DePaulia)

• (Cody Corrall | The DePaulia)

• (Cody Corrall | The DePaulia)

• Chi Omega, Phi Mu and The School of Music, among other student organizations, show their support for DemonTHON. (Cody Corrall | The DePaulia)

• Students participate in DemonTHON, a 24-hour dance marathon, which benefits Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. (Cody Corrall | The DePaulia)

• (Cody Corrall | The DePaulia)

• DemonTHON participant wears a Stormtrooper mask dances in a Star Wars themed number for Star Wars day. (Cody Corrall | The DePaulia)

DemonTHON organizes fundraising year-round for the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago which culminates in a student organized 24-hour dance marathon on May 4 and 5. Students dance in order to bring awareness to and support the children afflicted with debilitating illnesses and disabilities.

Dancers stand and dance for 24 hours straight, every hour on the hour. Students and families of children treated at Lurie Children’s came to celebrate the year’s fundraising efforts. Supporters came from DePaul and Miracle Families.

At DemonTHON 2017, the organization raised $276,261.50 for a running total of $1,276,261.50 through fundraising efforts. In 2016, DemonTHON became one of the fastest growing dance marathons organized under the Miracle Network Dance Marathons.