Seven in Heaven 10/27-10/30

1. Freaky Deaky Halloween 3 at Congress Theater, 10/29

The Congress is dressing up in house music and heavy bass this Halloween. Big name DJs MSTRKRFT, Wolfgang Gartner, Laidback Luke and more will turn the spacious venue into a sweaty costume rave scene. Wolfgang Gartner did it at North Coast, and you can bet it will only get crazier on Halloweekend. Visit www.congresstheater.com for more info.

2. ‘Stache Bash 2011 at Joe’s Bar on Weed Street, 10/28

Have a hairy Halloween at this all-things mustache celebration and crowning of Mustached American of the year. The $25 cover gets you live music, a performance from the world champion of air guitar (seriously), and an open bar too. All proceeds go to charity. Don’t worry, facial hair is not required to join the party (you’ll get a sticky one at the door). Don’t forget your costume too! Check out www.americanmustacheinstitute.org for more info.

3. Splatter Theater at The Annoyance, 10/28-10/30

The first ever Annoyance production comes back for another Halloween. The play parodies classic slasher movie archetypes while killing them off one by one in hilarious different ways. If the term “splatter” sounds gorey, don’t worry, it is. The white walls will be covered in red by the play’s finish. Check out www.annoyanceproductions.com/splatter for info.

4. Beetlejuice screening at Daley Plaza, 10/28

The appeal of binging on Halloween candy fades with childhood, but the draw of a scary movie during the spooky season never does. Catch the Tim Burton classic “Beetlejuice” during this free screening in the Loop. Just be careful how many times you say his name…

5. Halloween Spooktacular comics party at Challenger’s Comics, 10/29

The creator of Scary Godmother, Jill Thomposon, hosts this free Halloween event. The comic book party is for all ages, with treats aplenty. But come nighttime (after 8pm), and the gathering is adult-only (“grownup” drinks will be poured). Costumes are encouraged all day, but for the adults after sundown, they’re required.

6. Check Yo Ponytail at the Mid, 10/28

The already dance-heavy club, the Mid, is about to take the two-step to the next level. The Check Yo Ponytail tour brings Spank Rock, Big Freedia, Pictureplane, the Death Set and Franki Chan for a high-energy evening. Spanning the gap between New Orleans Bounce, Baltimore Bass, thrash punk, baleric disco and grimey dub, this tour brings to the Mid something it has likely never seen before. Click www.checkyoponytail.com for tickets and more.

7. Vlada Tomova at Old Town School of Folk Music, 10/30

This world music artist comes to town to support her new album release, Balkan Tales. Think of the show as a world tour of acoustic melodies with hints of folk and jazz. She takes inspiration from Bulgarian mountains villagers and exile composers for a truly unique sound. Snag some mp3s here: www.rockpaperscissors.biz/go/vlada.

Bonus!

What: Party-of-Five, a group from a current MKT 377 course, is hosting a Benefit Night at Noodles & Company to raise money for the Sid Feldman Legacy Fund. All participants have to do is have dinner at Noodles & Company, nothing more! A part of each transaction that evening will go towards the Sid Feldman Legacy Fund.

When: Friday, November 4 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Where: Noodles & Company Lakeview, 2813 N. Broadway St., Chicago, IL 60657

Why: Each year the Sid Feldman Legacy Fund, a non-profit organization, provides a scholarship that pays for four full years of tuition at DePaul University to two deserving Chicago Public School students.