Weekend round up: April 4-6

Spring has finally returned to Chicago, and brought with it a ton of fun events around the city. This weekend, explore Chicago’s comedy roots by catching a show during the Improv Festival or cheer on (or boo depending where your loyalties lie) as the Cubs play their first game of the season at Wrigley Field. Now that the city’s finally defrosting, take time to embrace all that it has to offer.

ξ

Phillies vs. Cubs Game, Wrigley Field Fri. April 4, 1:20 p.m.

Nothing says spring more than the return of America’s favorite past time-Baseball. Celebrate opening day at Wrigley Field this Friday, where the Cubs will be starting their 100th season at the iconic baseball field. The Cubs will be facing the Phillies and you can grab tickets for the game online or at the field with, prices starting at $46.

ξ

Messing With a Friend, Horatio Sanz & The All-Stars of Comedy, Stage 773 Sat. April 5, 10:30 p.m.

The Chicago Improv Festival will be finishing up this weekend, with performances and shows around the city all day. One of the last of these shows is “Messing with a Friend, Horatio Sanz & The All-Stars of Comedy,” and is definitely not one to miss. Sanz will be performing improvised scenes with friends Michael Delaney and Anthony Atamanuik. Susan Messing will be performing with Mark Sutton. Make sure to check out the performance if you’re in need of a good laugh this weekend. Tickets cost $25 and can be purchased through the Chicago Improv Festival’s website.

ξ

Improvised Double Dare, ComedySportz Theatre Sun. April 6, 7 p.m.

Did you dream of competing on Nickelodeon’s game show “Double Dare” as a child? Well your chance is finally here (well sort of.) ComedySportz will be bringing in Legendary Nickelodeon game show host, Marc Summers, this Sunday for improvised Double Dare. Comedians will battle it out through improv games, trivia and physical challenges in true Double Dare style. Prizes will be given out to the winner as well as audience members. Tickets for the show cost $10.