DePaul begins EVP search process

DePaul is set to officially begin the search process for a new Executive Vice President after the position was posted on the university’s internal job board as well as several outside sites.

In a letter to the DePaul community, trustee and search committee chair Peter Agrianas said the university is seeking “an experienced Chief Operating Officer who deeply respects its Catholic, Vincentian, and urban identity, and who understands and supports financial, management, and operational models that enable accomplishment of the institution’s distinctive academic enterprise.”

The search comes a little over three months after it was announced that current EVP Bob Kozoman would retire Jan. 1 after more than 30 years at DePaul.

The EVP position, third in the university leadership structure behind the president and provost, deals largely with university financial issues, such as creating budgets and setting tuition pricing. Kozoman, who has been in the position since 2008, provided stability in the administration during Fr. Dennis Holtschneider, C.M.’s sabbatical last year and with the revolving door at the provost position.

According to the letter, applications received before July 29 are guaranteed to receive full consideration. The committee will meet Aug. 4 to determine which candidates to invite to off-campus interviews. Finalists will be invited to on-campus interviews scheduled for Sept. 10-14.

Committee members include provost Marten denBoer, Faculty Council President Michaela Winchatz and Student Government Association President Vanessa Cadavillo. DenBoer was subject to a similar process this past February when applying to be provost.