DePaul women’s basketball ranked No. 18 in preseason AP poll

Following a successful 2013-14 campaign where they made the Sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament, DePaul women’s basketball continued to get recognized as one of the best teams in the country Thursday.

The Associated Press ranked the Blue Demons No. 18 in the first rankings poll to be released.  The Blue Demons went 29-7 last season and finished the regular season as No. 23 in the country.

In the NCAA tournament, the Blue Demons went on to beat Oklahoma and Duke to reach the Sweet Sixteen for the second time since 2011. The Blue Demons went on to lose to Texas A&M, 84-65.

But DePaul will get their shot at revenge as they will face Texas A&M in the first game of the regular season on Nov. 14. The Aggies were ranked No. 5 in the country to begin the season.

DePaul will also face two other nationally ranked teams in their non-conference schedule this upcoming season .The Blue Demons will face No. 3 Notre Dame at McGrath-Phillips Arena Dec. 10. Nine days later on Dec. 19, DePaul will travel to Bridgeport, Connecticut to take on No. 1 UConn.

The Blue Demons have 10 of their 15 players who appeared on last year’s roster. Four of those players — Brittany Hrynko, Chanise Jenkins, Megan Rogowski and Megan Podkowa — return as starters.