DePaul Theatre School to host One Theatre World conference

The Theatre School at DePaul announced today it will host the 2015 One Theatre World conference, which takes place May 7 to 9. Produced by Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA/USA), the national festival seeks to promote youth theater and provide networking opportunities for artists.

The conference includes a series of workshops, speakers and performances, including a keynote speech by the theater company Punchdrunk. Other events and performances include work by Adventure Stage Chicago, Chicago Children’s Theatre, Emerald City Theatre and Theatre Unspeakable at the Chicago Humanities Festival. Chicago Playworks for Young Audiences will also present, “The Day John Henry Came to School,” directed by Theatre School faculty member and TYA/USA Vice President Ernie Nolan.

In a press release John Culbert, dean of The Theatre School, expressed his excitement to host the festival.

“Our new building allows us to connect with the profession in new and meaningful ways,” he said. “Plus, the work of TYA/USA is so closely aligned with our own programming goals in Chicago Playworks – to share the best of our great theater city with young people, and to bring international voices and stories to life in highly imaginative productions.”

Registration and additional information can be found at http://assitej-usa.org/programs/one-theatre-world/