Brittany Hrynko earns Associated Press All-American honors

DePaul will attempt to defend their 2014 Big East tournament title March 7-10 at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont. (DePaulia File)

DePaul senior guard Brittany Hrynko can add another honor to the list of her accolades in 2014-2015 as she was named an Associated Press All-American honorable mention, Tuesday.

Hrynko led the Blue Demons with an average of 19.1 points per game in her senior season, which ended with a loss to Notre Dame in the NCAA Tournament round of 32. Hrynko has also been named one of the 12 finalists for the Wade Trophy, was a Women’s Basketball Coaches of America All-Region nominee and was awarded the 2015 Big East Player of the Year award.

This is the second year in a row in which she has been named to the AP All-American honorable mention list. She is the eighth different Blue Demon to be named to any All-American list.

Ka-Deidre Simmons of Seton Hall was the only other Big East player to be named to the All-American honorable mention list.

Hrynko broke DePaul’s career assist record and finished with 680 in four seasons and also tied the school record in most threes made in a single game on Feb. 8. against Xavier.