DePaul names new VP of public relations and communications

Linda Blakley will serve as the next vice president of the Office of Public Relations and Communications, effective April 1. She currently serves as assistant vice president for the OPRC. (DePaul University/Jamie Moncrief)

Linda Blakley has been named vice president of DePaul’s Office of Public Relations and Communications, the university announced today. Blakley, who is currently assistant vice president for the office, will begin the position April 1. 

“Many members of the university community already have the opportunity of working with Linda in her current role as the assistant vice president for the OPRC,” the Rev. Dennis Holtschneider, C.M., wrote in a Newsline article. “She has overseen the development and implementation of communications strategies for DePaul since she joined the university in 2013.  Her expertise stems from more than 20 years in strategic communications and public relations, and I am thrilled she will now be a member of DePaul’s senior leadership team.”

Prior to working at DePaul, Blakley previously served as executive director of GolinHarris, and has also held communications positions for  Walmart and Sears, Roebuck and Co. She is a graduate of Northwestern University.

The vice president position is currently held by Cindy Lawson, who has headed the OPRC since 2012. April 1 marks her retirement.