Must see movies hitting theaters this summer

With all the movie trailers of the upcoming films this summer, it can be hard to decide where to start. Here are a few of the many flicks you will not want to miss. 

dory
(Photo courtesy of WALT DISNEY STUDIOS)

Finding Dory | June 17

For everyone who fell in love with “Finding Nemo” in 2003, you will want to relive your childhood this June for the sequel we have all been waiting for. More than a decade later, we will see the story of Dory, voiced by Ellen DeGeneres, is still the forgetful tang fish who stole the hearts of kids and adults alike. With the return of beloved characters from the first film, as well as a mix of new characters, the Disney Pixar film directed by Andrew Stanton and Angus McLane is guaranteed to be a heartwarming film and a must-see at any age.

tarzan
(Photo courtesy of WARNER BROS. PICTURES)

The Legend of Tarzan | July 1

The new Tarzan film, starring Alexander Skarsgård, is not the same fun-loving cartoon with singing jungle characters that most people remember. From the director of the Harry Potter films, David Yates, this action-adventure film tells the story of Tarzan’s return to the jungle after becoming acclimated to life in London with Jane, played by Margot Robbie. Much like the Harry Potter films, the graphics and special effects in this film look mesmerizing, and the film is filled with another all-star cast. This film looks exciting, intense and even steamy, and hits theaters July 1.

ghostbusters
(Photo courtesy of COLUMBIA PICTURES)

Ghostbusters | July 15

This summer seems to be the summer of remakes, with the latest “Ghostbusters” movie coming out 30 years after the first film hit theaters in 1984. Directed by Paul Feig, the director of the laugh-out-loud films “Bridesmaids” and “The Heat,” the new “Ghostbusters” has a new cast with some returning characters in cameos including Bill Murray. For those who never saw the beloved 1980s original, the “Ghostbusters” films are known for their comedic cast who embark on wild adventures to, as you can guess, catch ghosts. This is the first Ghostbusters team that includes female members, as well as eye candy Chris Hemsworth, and is anticipated to be a fun must-see this summer.

moms-
(Photo courtesy of STX ENTERTAINMENT)

Bad Moms | July 29

If you’re looking for a girl’s night out filled with lots of laughs, or you just really love anything with Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell, “Bad Moms” is a film you don’t want to miss this summer. From the directors of “The Hangover,” this flick tells the story of a group of over-worked and under-appreciated moms that are looking for a break from their responsibilities and have reached their limits. Together, the moms decide to indulge on long overdue fun and freedom from their commitments and motherhood, and as the film unfolds the moms experience a series of comedic adventures. If this film is anywhere near as laugh out loud funny as “The Hangover,” it should not disappoint.