SGA: New members sworn in

Student Government Association held its last meeting of the quarter Thursday, May 26 to swear in new members heading into next school year.

Outgoing Remarks

• President Vanessa Cadavillo thanked members for making her last year with SGA the “best one yet.” She said, “I have no words to thank this body in front of me right now. You have all worked extremely, extremely hard. We’ve gone through a rollercoaster of a year…I couldn’t have imagined what this year would be like without each and every single one of you.”

Swearing In of New Members

• As a final act, President Cadavillo swore in the newly elected members. Each repeated the following: “I, (state your full name), do solemnly affirm, that I will uphold the constitution of the DePaul University Student Government Association and that I will execute the duties of the office of (name your position) to the best of my abilities, endeavoring always to do the best for the students of DePaul University.”
  • She then turned her role over to Ric Popp, who will serve as President for the 2016-17 school year. Megan Scoville will serve as Vice President.

Appointments

• SGA voted Madeline Bolton, who served at a Senator for the College of Science and Health last year, as the organization’s Executive Assistant.
  • SGA also voted in Daniel Rodriguez as Graphics Coordinator.

Incoming Remarks and Brief Introductions

• Amy Mynaugh introduced herself to the new body as the Director of Student Involvement and SGA advisor, continuing for her second year.