Monster Ball rolls into town

Encouraging everyone to follow “the glitter way,” Lady Gaga took fans on a liberating, bloody and grotesque ride to the Monster Ball at the United Center on Monday, Feb. 28. It was everything you’d expect from Lady Gaga-from fake blood to Barbie decapitation.

Performing many of her biggest hits, as well as a song from her not-yet-released album, Lady Gaga did not disappoint fans. Her outrageous and passionate vocal and theatrical performance was exceedingly impressive. It isn’t as common as it should be for a pop singer to use her voice rather than lip sync in a concert, so it’s surprising that Lady Gaga still has a voice left after her endless performances all over the world.

There was only one cause for disappointment in the entire show. She seemed to be following a script for the sake of the story line, so she didn’t appear as personable and connected to the audience. Surprisingly, her “little monsters” didn’t seem to mind at all. In fact, many of them shouted the scripted words with her (or even before she said them in anticipation of what was coming next).

The enthusiastic and loyal “little monsters,” with their homemade Gaga costumes, only enhanced the overall experience. Proclaiming she’ll be back again before the year is over, Lady Gaga showed her passion for her music and art and proved that she absolutely deserves the title bestowed upon her by her fans.

She truly is “Mother Monster” in every respect.