“Freaky Deaky” concludes Halloween weekend

“Freaky Deaky” returned in its second year at Toyota Park to bring yet another weekend of unforgettable experiences.

The parking lot outside Toyota Park was transformed into a Halloween musically themed escape with some of the best homemade and store bought costumes jumping back and forth from the three different stages at “Freaky Deaky.”

The atmosphere was matched with a weekend filled with moments that are going to be hard to beat for the coming years. The energy from the festival goers kept them warm the first night with the house themed set from the DJ duo Disclosure ending the first night. Controversial rap star Travis Scott turned up the heat in his highly anticipated return to Chicago. While comedian rapper Lil Dicky showcased a humorous and satisfyingly talented performance.

“Freaky Deaky” definitely showed their love to the Chicago Cubs as they broadcasted both World Series games that were going on during the weekend. The second night saw a lineup of must see performances. DJ’s reined supreme with a much hype for DJ Snake and DJ Khaled. DJ Khaled the producer behind many number one records had the time of life on stage with festival goers trying their best to keep up with the mega producer.

The final night didn’t show any sign of slowing down. Early sets from hip-hop rising star D.R.A.M and electric producer Duke Dumont gave powerful momentum that blasted throughout the night. West coast rapper ScHoolboy Q didn’t disappoint bringing an intense in your face set with his personal records and hip-hop classics. Electric music legend Tiësto fused his signature progressive house set with a newer more trance records.

“Freaky Deaky” came and went as the three-day festival seemed to be speeded up by the stacked lineup. A true testament to the overall festival experience there was never a dull moment leaving an empty and urging desire to experience it all over again for next year. Next Halloween can’t come soon enough.