Filed under Arts/Life

An Interview with Post Animal

Callie Craig | Guitarist Matt Williams of Post Animal

At 1:50 p.m. on Friday, Chicago-based rock band Post Animal made their debut at Lollapalooza. And what a debut it was.

With an impressive turnout for an early afternoon show, the band was able to capitalize on the opportunity to play to a diverse crowd that might not typically seek out their music on their own. Their music also helped to diversify the genres present at the festival, becoming a big fish in a small pond when it came to rock & roll at Lollapalooza.

But when it comes to your debut at such a festival, the setlist can make or break a performance. That’s where Post Animal took the time to whittle down the songs they’d been playing on their summer tour to meet the 40 minutes of stage time that they’re allotted.

Callie Craig | Post Animal

“We had the most terrible session of cutting songs,” said guitarist and keyboardist Jake Hirshland. “We made sacrifices and played everything we felt we must play.”

Fresh off of a successful debut full-length album, “When I Think of You in a Castle,” which was released earlier this year, Post Animal took the opportunity to play on their home turf, rewarding local fans and undoubtedly gaining more.

The album was recorded over the course of eight days in a cabin on the edge of Paw Paw Lake in Michigan, the perfect place for the solitude necessary to pull together such a cohesive work in such a short amount of time. With such a tight time frame for recording, the band worked 12-14 hour days in the cabin to make sure the album really came together.

“We just wanted to go a little bit away from the city and get some serious, undistracted time,” Hirshland said.

And that decision seemed to pay off with this album propelling their careers even further. In 2018 alone, the band has played huge festivals like Shaky Knees and Bonnaroo in addition to their first appearance at Lollapalooza.

You can see Post Animal in Chicago on August 13 at 1st Ward/Chop Shop and August 18 as part of The Big North 2018 at Half Acre Beer Co. If you can’t make it to these shows but still want to check out a Post Animal show, Hirshland promises, “There will be dates.”

4 Responses to “An Interview with Post Animal”

1. clouds on August 7th, 2018 7:25 am

ENLARGE YOUR PENIS WITH DR.COVENANT PENIS ENLARGEMENT CREAM
    Hello everyone am cliff, From texas USA , i am here to give my testimony about a spell caster called Dr Covenant, I was heartbroken because i had very small penis, not big enough to satisfy a woman, i have been in so many relationship, but cut off because of my situation, i have used so many product which doctors prescribe for me, but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments on the internet about this specialist called Dr Covenant and decided to email him on his email i saw on the internet,(Covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com) so I decided to give his herbal product a try. i emailed him and he got back to me, he gave me some comforting words with his herbal pills for Penis Enlargement, Within 3 week of it, i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, ” and now it just 4 weeks of using his products my penis is about 9 inches longer, and i had to settle out with my Ex girlfriend Jane, i was surprised when she said that she is satisfied with my sex and i have got a large penis.
    Am so happy, thanks to Dr Covenant. If you need his help on his email via (Covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com) Thanks or call him on his mobile +2349057353987

RESULTS AFTER CASTING OUR PENIS ENLARGEMENT SPELL;
    Permanent penis enlargement
    Thick penis
    Bigger penis head
    Improved force and intensity
    Boosted semen quantity
    Effective erections
    Cures and prevents impotence
    Have multiple orgasms
    Ends Early ejaculation
    Increased stamina
    Best regard

2. Raphael on August 17th, 2018 7:58 am

Not much to say concerning Dr. Wakina, we all know Dr. Wakina love spell is capable of resurrecting a dead-end relationship. This is just a simply thank you for bringing back my ex-wife after three years and four months of ongoing feud. His mysterious spell worked as testified by people he has helped, he saved my married just as promised. I will conclude by saying with Dr. spell you don’t need to fight anymore or go through pains just to save your marriage. His contact email is (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com)

3. Michelle Armstrong on August 20th, 2018 4:38 pm

I cannot believe this… MY EX HUSBAND IS BACK TO ME!!!
    My name is Michelle. This is a story of Doctor Odunga who brought my ex husband back to me in 3 days of contact. He told me me he would do it but i didn’t believe him but decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise, my ex husband came home and started playing with the kids and gave me a kiss on my cheek, knelt down on his knees and begged me for leaving without a goodbye. I heard he had woman he was seeing before he left me and i was devastated which made me seek help in a spell caster such as Doctor Odunga. I also met this man through a testimony about him and i contacted his email at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com and when i explained things to him, he told me not to worry. I am very happy today that my husband who left me for over 2 years, came back home. I asked him what about the other woman and he said that was his past and nothing will ever make him leave again. I am thankful to Doctor Odunga. Contact him to help you now at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com

4. clouds on August 21st, 2018 2:15 am

My name is Heidi Ellaine, I lives in United States, my Email [covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com] help me thank DR. covenant who helped cured me from HERPES SIMPLEX in just one (1) week. I got
    to know him from a friend who he helped, at first I doubt if his herbal
    product would work until my friend put her car at stake that if it doesn’t
    work she would give me her car. After which I decided to try, to God be the
    glory am now a living testimony, all thanks to DR. covenant, if not for him I would
    not have been healed so easily.. You can reach him via
    covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com or call/whatsapp at +2349057353987, you can also
    contact him on cure on……
    1. GONORREA
    2. SYPHILIS
    3. ASTHMA
    4. STROKE
    5. DIABETES MELLITUS
    6. SIMPLEX HERPES
    7. RINGING EAR
    8.LOW SPERM COUNT
    9.SICKLE CELL
    10.HIV/AIDS
    11.CANCER

• An Interview with Post Animal

Arts/Life

Lolla Recap: Day 4

• An Interview with Post Animal

Lollapalooza 2018 Recap: Saturday

• An Interview with Post Animal

Arts/Life

Lollapalooza Friday Recap

• An Interview with Post Animal

Arts/Life

Lollapalooza Thursday Recap

• An Interview with Post Animal

‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ delivers another ABBA-centric feel-good flick

• An Interview with Post Animal

Real Friends debuts their third full length record, ‘Composure’

• An Interview with Post Animal

Harry Styles solidifies his rockstar status at United Center

• Music

Destroy Boys, Sons of an Illustrious Father rock Schubas

• An Interview with Post Animal

The wait was worth it for ‘Incredibles 2’

• Music

Punk band Iceage headlines Chicago June 21

An Interview with Post Animal