Filed under Arts/Life

An Interview with Post Animal

Callie Craig | Guitarist Matt Williams of Post Animal

At 1:50 p.m. on Friday, Chicago-based rock band Post Animal made their debut at Lollapalooza. And what a debut it was.

With an impressive turnout for an early afternoon show, the band was able to capitalize on the opportunity to play to a diverse crowd that might not typically seek out their music on their own. Their music also helped to diversify the genres present at the festival, becoming a big fish in a small pond when it came to rock & roll at Lollapalooza.

But when it comes to your debut at such a festival, the setlist can make or break a performance. That’s where Post Animal took the time to whittle down the songs they’d been playing on their summer tour to meet the 40 minutes of stage time that they’re allotted.

Callie Craig | Post Animal

“We had the most terrible session of cutting songs,” said guitarist and keyboardist Jake Hirshland. “We made sacrifices and played everything we felt we must play.”

Fresh off of a successful debut full-length album, “When I Think of You in a Castle,” which was released earlier this year, Post Animal took the opportunity to play on their home turf, rewarding local fans and undoubtedly gaining more.

The album was recorded over the course of eight days in a cabin on the edge of Paw Paw Lake in Michigan, the perfect place for the solitude necessary to pull together such a cohesive work in such a short amount of time. With such a tight time frame for recording, the band worked 12-14 hour days in the cabin to make sure the album really came together.

“We just wanted to go a little bit away from the city and get some serious, undistracted time,” Hirshland said.

And that decision seemed to pay off with this album propelling their careers even further. In 2018 alone, the band has played huge festivals like Shaky Knees and Bonnaroo in addition to their first appearance at Lollapalooza.

You can see Post Animal in Chicago on August 13 at 1st Ward/Chop Shop and August 18 as part of The Big North 2018 at Half Acre Beer Co. If you can’t make it to these shows but still want to check out a Post Animal show, Hirshland promises, “There will be dates.”

6 Responses to “An Interview with Post Animal”

1. clouds on August 7th, 2018 7:25 am

ENLARGE YOUR PENIS WITH DR.COVENANT PENIS ENLARGEMENT CREAM
    Hello everyone am cliff, From texas USA , i am here to give my testimony about a spell caster called Dr Covenant, I was heartbroken because i had very small penis, not big enough to satisfy a woman, i have been in so many relationship, but cut off because of my situation, i have used so many product which doctors prescribe for me, but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments on the internet about this specialist called Dr Covenant and decided to email him on his email i saw on the internet,(Covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com) so I decided to give his herbal product a try. i emailed him and he got back to me, he gave me some comforting words with his herbal pills for Penis Enlargement, Within 3 week of it, i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, ” and now it just 4 weeks of using his products my penis is about 9 inches longer, and i had to settle out with my Ex girlfriend Jane, i was surprised when she said that she is satisfied with my sex and i have got a large penis.
    Am so happy, thanks to Dr Covenant. If you need his help on his email via (Covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com) Thanks or call him on his mobile +2349057353987

RESULTS AFTER CASTING OUR PENIS ENLARGEMENT SPELL;
    Permanent penis enlargement
    Thick penis
    Bigger penis head
    Improved force and intensity
    Boosted semen quantity
    Effective erections
    Cures and prevents impotence
    Have multiple orgasms
    Ends Early ejaculation
    Increased stamina
    Best regard

2. Raphael on August 17th, 2018 7:58 am

Not much to say concerning Dr. Wakina, we all know Dr. Wakina love spell is capable of resurrecting a dead-end relationship. This is just a simply thank you for bringing back my ex-wife after three years and four months of ongoing feud. His mysterious spell worked as testified by people he has helped, he saved my married just as promised. I will conclude by saying with Dr. spell you don’t need to fight anymore or go through pains just to save your marriage. His contact email is (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com)

3. Michelle Armstrong on August 20th, 2018 4:38 pm

I cannot believe this… MY EX HUSBAND IS BACK TO ME!!!
    My name is Michelle. This is a story of Doctor Odunga who brought my ex husband back to me in 3 days of contact. He told me me he would do it but i didn’t believe him but decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise, my ex husband came home and started playing with the kids and gave me a kiss on my cheek, knelt down on his knees and begged me for leaving without a goodbye. I heard he had woman he was seeing before he left me and i was devastated which made me seek help in a spell caster such as Doctor Odunga. I also met this man through a testimony about him and i contacted his email at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com and when i explained things to him, he told me not to worry. I am very happy today that my husband who left me for over 2 years, came back home. I asked him what about the other woman and he said that was his past and nothing will ever make him leave again. I am thankful to Doctor Odunga. Contact him to help you now at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com

4. clouds on August 21st, 2018 2:15 am

My name is Heidi Ellaine, I lives in United States, my Email [covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com] help me thank DR. covenant who helped cured me from HERPES SIMPLEX in just one (1) week. I got
    to know him from a friend who he helped, at first I doubt if his herbal
    product would work until my friend put her car at stake that if it doesn’t
    work she would give me her car. After which I decided to try, to God be the
    glory am now a living testimony, all thanks to DR. covenant, if not for him I would
    not have been healed so easily.. You can reach him via
    covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com or call/whatsapp at +2349057353987, you can also
    contact him on cure on……
    1. GONORREA
    2. SYPHILIS
    3. ASTHMA
    4. STROKE
    5. DIABETES MELLITUS
    6. SIMPLEX HERPES
    7. RINGING EAR
    8.LOW SPERM COUNT
    9.SICKLE CELL
    10.HIV/AIDS
    11.CANCER

5. Nicole Travolta on September 21st, 2018 5:39 am

Hey everyone
    I’m so excited. My ex-boyfriend is back after few months of breakup, I’m extremely happy that will are living together again. My boyfriend of 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.
    I was really upset and I needed help, so I searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Ahmed can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it then he did a spell for me. 17 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again…
    All thanks to Dr Ahmed if you have any marital, relationship or divorces problem contact Dr Ahmed now and I guarantee you that he will help you. .
    Here’s his contact.
    Call/what’s-app: +2348160153829
    Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com

6. victoria on September 26th, 2018 7:50 am

I really don’t know best way to say this because of some of us who don’t believe in spirituality. I used to be like that anyways..but not until my husband started leaving me for someone else, my eyes got opened. And now I can tell you that, yes.. spiritual things are so very real. the problem is that, you should get to meet a real spiritualist who will help you with a real result. And today, I introduce you to goddess JAI MATA SUNLIGHT.’’ Priestess of Ezioguru Temple. I contacted her Via Sunlightmata@gmail.com that my husband is leaving for someone else at his working place. And he told me that we can’t work together anymore that he’s found the love of his life. And I know the lady,. I could fight her physically, but that would create more problems than helping me get back my man. So I contacted jai mata sunlight on the above E-mail and told her the story. She replied and ask few questions I answer correctly. Then she told me what to do of which I don’t know anything about rituals or spiritual So I payed for the rituals to be performed. then she asked of his name and photograph. The truth is, while this was going I was having this doubt in my mind whether It will real work? Because I haven’t done anything spell before. Beloved and behold after the rituals, 12hrs later, I don’t know exactly what happens between them. my understanding of the spell of JAI MATA SUNLIGHT, she cause problems just to separate them. Yesterday, he came painfully with his head patched that the lady broke his head with a bottle just because he argued with her of cheating on him with another man with the pictures and calls he saw on her phone. The whole thing happens so fast that I can’t explain. And After he begged and I forgive him, he swear never to leave me again. I am still very surprise and thankful to JAI MATA SUNLIGHT’’ and I’m happy though that I have him back. Pls readers don’t just read. reply this comment if you have also gone through a process like this,.. and share your experience. And if you need spiritual help, pls via the above E-mail to get yours and share I want to read also from you to confirm my testimonies thanks and stay bless.

• An Interview with Post Animal

Lifestyle

Navy Pier to host lakeside love search

• Film & TV

Netflix’s Cinematic Rebranding Takes Off

• An Interview with Post Animal

‘Venom’ lacks vision

• Film & TV

What’s Fresh on Netflix

• An Interview with Post Animal

Gosling and Chazelle pilot ‘First Man’ toward success

• An Interview with Post Animal

‘Better Call Saul:’ Gripping fourth season ends with a foreboding look ahead

• Music

St Vincent DeJamz

• An Interview with Post Animal

‘Forever’ is inventive, worthwhile watch

• An Interview with Post Animal

Showcase

Dystopian optimism in “The Oath”

• An Interview with Post Animal

88Rising looks to continue meteoric ascent

An Interview with Post Animal