Days of Terror: “The Devil’s Rejects”

This challenge is really getting to me. I can’t go places without thinking someone is out to get me, I can’t be outside at night without running into my house/school/car because I’m scared but mostly, I can’t watch any more horror movies. These are driving me nuts, so I had to take a couple days off but I’m back now, and back to watching really horrible movies that are ruining my favorite month.

Where I watched: DVD

Length: 109 minutes

Prior knowledge of the film: Nothing.

No sequels

When I started off this challenge I made a rule that I didn’t want to allow any sequels (or, I would only watch one of each film series — as horror movies have a knack for being a genre filled with never-ending series). What I didn’t know at the time that I compiled this list was “The Devil’s Rejects” is the sequel of my least favorite film on this list, and funnily enough, of all time, “House of 1000 Corpses.”

I didn’t want to know anything more about the actual pile of trash that took up two hours of my life, so I didn’t look into if it had a sequel or not, but when I saw the same characters from that garbage film, and heard the same painstakingly horrid dialogue, I felt as if I was having a nightmare deja vu. Unfortunately, instead of being stuck in a nightmare, I was living one as I broke my first rule of this challenge and watched a sequel.

Was it actually scary?

What’s scary is it has a fan base.

Overall consensus

I hate it. I hate this series and I hate this family. I am so mad that I not only had to watch the original film, but also the sequel. Why did I do this to myself? At least I know to never watch these films again for as long as I live.