‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I’ worth the money

Human-vampire child, talking wolves, possible pedophilia, and a scene grotesque enough to have been pulled out of “The Human Centipede,” all in all, makes for the best “Twilight Saga” film adaptation yet.

While movie critiques and independent bloggers have, across the board, really bitten into the film, (pun totally intended) arguing that the dialogue and acting in the fourth installment of the Stephanie Meyer’s “Twilight Saga” is as placid and awkward as it is in the first three, this time with a heightened spice of creep and tack provided by clique-stirring Jacob, the talking wolf and baby lover.

However, I’d like to stand by the growing Cullen Coven and the “Mean Girls” of the forest:

Coming from the perspective of someone who devoted no time to reading the books, “Twilight,” “New Moon,” and “Eclipse” were all “ehhh” examples of tweenie love and Disney caliber science fiction. Bad acting, predictable dialogue, no sex, and community college animation. Great choice for a snow day, but nothing Oscar worthy.

Still no need for anyone to call the Academy, but unlike the first three, I found myself glued to screen, mouth open, and eyes wide for this entire film. Be it from pure disgust, thrilling suspense, complete disbelief, or sheer confusion, “Breaking Dawn: Part I” effectively kept me at the edge of my seat, wanting more and more, of whatever it was.

Isn’t that the point of modern cinema, to keep an audience in their seats, to entertain?

Graduate student Ann-Marie LeBlanc agrees that the film, which reeled in $283.5 million in the first three days, reached it overall goal: “I thought that the movie accurately depicted the book. It left the viewer wanting more, which should be the goal of a two-part film.”

LeBlanc also notes the film’s unwanted effects actually kept viewers in their seats.

“The birth scene was extremely graphic, especially for a PG 13 rated film,” she said. “And although I thought that Kristen Stewart did a wonderful job portraying a pregnant Bella, the overall acting in the film was under par. The graphics were borderline cheesy and there were a few scenes that caused unintentional laughter, but that made it enjoyable nonetheless.”

Let’s be honest, not all of our favorite movies are revered for iconic cinematography or live changing plot value. Some films are simply entertaining.

“Breaking Dawn: Part I” is one of those films.

The chemistry between real-life lovers Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson was lacking, but at least some skin was shown, and with both Stewart and Bella being such awkward characters, the lack of natural finesse was almost fitting.

Taylor Launter continues to grow more delicious with each film, but his appeal was stunted by two major downfalls: he shifts into a wolf and continues to speak human English, thus forcing audience members to question whether or not they we are taking part in an impromptu showing of “All Dogs Go to Heaven,” and, romantically falls for an infant.

The combination of spine breaking and fetus biting stifle the vampire sex appeal slightly, but, nonetheless, add to the film’s overall entertainment value.

It might not be for the acting merit or the production value, but for one reason or another, I’ll be buying tickets for “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part II.”