Big East announces league opponents and sites for 2012-13 regular season

The Big East Conference announced men’s basketball league opponents and sites for the upcoming 2012-13 season Thursday, June 28.

The Blue Demons host Cincinnati, Connecticut, Louisville, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, St. John’s, Seton Hall and Villanova at Allstate Arena next season. DePaul will play UConn, Notre Dame, Pitt and St. John’s twice next season, facing them as repeat opponents on the road. They will also travel to Georgetown, Marquette, Providence, South Florida and Syracuse.

DePaul faces Notre Dame and St. John’s as repeat opponents for the fourth time each in Big East action, becoming the Demons’ most common two-time foes in regular season conference play. Connecticut will be a first-time home-and-away opponent.

Last season, DePaul defeated Pittsburgh, Rutgers and Seton Hall in Big East play, marking their highest conference win total since the 2007-08 campaign.

The Big East conference schedule features 135 regular-season games, with each team facing 10 opponents once and four opponents twice. All 135 games will be televised by either the ESPN family of networks or by CBS Sports.

DePaul is slated to participate in the Cancun Challenge in November, starting with two games at Allstate Arena Nov. 15 and 17, followed by a two-game trip to Cancun, Mexico. The Blue Demons will also play at Auburn Nov. 30 as part of the SEC/Big East Challenge.