5 ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Chicago

This week as 2015 comes to an end we have a number of one of a kind NYE celebrations to ring in the New Year. Below are 5 ways to celebrate the NYE in Chicago.

John Oliver at The Chicago Theatre

(Photo courtesy of LAST WEEK TONIGHT)
(Photo courtesy of LAST WEEK TONIGHT)

What’s a better way to celebrate than having a night filled with laughs from the Emmy and Writers Guild Award winning writer and host of Last Week Tonight on HBO, John Oliver. Oliver will be in Chicago performing two show each day this week he’s here on NYE and New Year’s Day.

Location: The Chicago Theatre

Price: $55 – $75

Chi-Town Rising

(Photo courtesy of ARENA PARTNERS CHI-TOWN RISING)

This New Year’s celebration was created to match that of New York’s Time Square Ball Drop. Chi-Town Rising will bring in the New Year with a midnight countdown with a 70-foot star and fireworks display, hosted by television personality Mario Lopez. With the broadcast airing on over 40 NBC affiliates in the United States many will see for the first time how Chicago celebrates a New Year.  Musical performances from band American Authors and legendary rock band Chicago will provided music at the The Chi-Town Rising Countdown Stage in front of the Hyatt Regency Chicago.

Location: Between Michigan Ave. and Columbus Drive.

Price: Tickets vary from location of celebration:

Broadcast Boulevard – Being a part of the televised audience area with access to the Countdown Stage and many other stages. $150

Corona Beach House – This 21+ admission is at the Corona Beach House directly across the river to the fireworks display. $119

Family Countdown Celebration on the Chicago Cultural Mile. Free

Navy Pier

What better way to bring in the New Year with a massive firework spectacle at Chicago’s most well-known attraction. This family friendly celebration will bring in a colorful synchronized musical. While at the Pier take advantage of the 4th annual Chicago Resolution Gala, Gala tickets gives you access to over 14 food stations and more than 30 bars.

Location: Navy Pier, Chicago Resolution Gala – Grand Ballroom and Lakeview Terrance.

Price: Navy Pier – Free. Chicago Resolution Gala – $140

360 Chicago Observation Deck

(Photo courtesy of 360 CHICAGO)
(Photo courtesy of 360 CHICAGO)

On the 94th floor observatory in the John Handcock center their NYE celebration begins at 8 p.m. that includes rides on the TILT with some of the best views in the city. At 1,000 feet above the Magnificent Mile at the 360 Chicago, this will be one of the best views in the city to bring in the New Year.

Price: $35

Location: 360 Chicago Observation Deck

Voyager 2016: A Journey to the New Year

(Photo courtesy of VOYAGER NYE)
(Photo courtesy of VOYAGER NYE)

This out of this world NYE party is themed after NASA’s Voyager 1 spacecraft. Also with a 15,000 square feet art installation, this NYE celebration will have some of the best light effects with a long list of guest DJs and artists performing throughout the night.

Location: Moonlight Studios

Price: $100