Blue Demon rundown 10-22-13

Men’s Soccer

Simon Megally scored his first career goal for DePaul but it wasn’t enough as the Blue Demons fell to Seton Hall 3-1 in a Big East conference game Oct. 19.

The loss moved DePaul to 4-8-2 on the season and left them short of their first conference victory. Their conferenced record stands at 0-4-1.

DePaul will try for that elusive conference win Wednesday at Georgetown.

Volleyball

The Blue Demons looked for revenge after a loss to Marquette earlier in the season, but the Golden Eagles were too tough to handle as they swept DePaul 3-0 in Milwaukee Oct. 19.

While DePaul sits at a comfortable 15-4, their Big East record is 1-4. Head coach Nadia Edwards and her team have a chance to get back on track, though, with three straight home matches starting Oct. 25.  

Club Hockey

After a dominant 7-0 start to the season, including two wins by more than 12 goals each, the DePaul club hockey team cooled off considerably in its most recent action on the ice.

The Blue Demons have dropped four straight games, the most recent being a 5-3 decision at the hands of Miami (Ohio).

DePaul is 7-4, but has an impossibly good goal differential of plus-38. That indicates that the slide will likely not continue.

Next up for the team is a two-game set with Lindenwood University Oct. 25 and 26, before an anticipated showdown with Notre Dame Nov. 8 and 9.