Street performers ‘In The AM’ performing at the House of Blues

If your daily commute includes the Loop’s Jackson stop chances are you’ve seen two amazingly talented street performers rocking out while people stand waiting for train. The two musicians, Adrian and Mark, have been performing at the Jackson stop for more than a year now.

Using only a battery powered amp, a reverbed guitar, and a makeshift drum kit Adrian and Mark managed to gather an unusually large crowd. More and more people crowded around the band with each passing song and some commuters appeared hesitant to leave once their trains arrived. 

Formerly known as “Adrian and Mark Duet” the groove rock duo recently adopted the name “In The AM” and will be playing their first big show at House of Blues alongside a number of other musicians. The band played at Jackson yesterday from 5 p.m. and were selling tickets for the show.

“We sold out,” said Adrian to a large crowd of commuters around 8:30 p.m. “But you can still buy them online from the House of Blues website, only 10 bucks.”

Adrian and Mark have accumulated a healthy following since they started performing together as a band. Their Facebook page has accumulated more than 800 fans and a number of videos of their performances have made their way up on Facebook and YouTube, all made by commuters who watched them play.

The band updated their Facebook page Tuesday with a status about their upcoming House of Blues gig.

“Hey everyone, news! If we sell over 300+ tickets, we can extend our set time as well as be co-headliners! MTV is helping to promote the show and there is a good chance they will be attending! This could be our golden ticket. Please come down to the subway and grab your tickets this week. We’ll be selling them everyday till Saturday. Bring friends, family, and colleagues! We cherish your support! Much love as always from Mark and Adrian.”

Buy tickets to their show here and like them on Facebook. You can also join the Facebook event here. Watch a short documentary on the Jackson rockers as well and a snippet one of their public shows below.