Sky is the limit for former Demon Allie Quigley

Nearly two weeks after DePaul announced a plan to bring Blue Demon basketball back into the city, another Chicago original is headed home.

Former DePaul All-American Allie Quigley was signed by the Chicago Sky and played in the team’s season-opening 102-80 victory against the Phoenix Mercury May 27.

Quigley graduated from DePaul in 2008 as one of the most prolific players in school history. She finished her four-year career ranked in the top five in nine major categories: three-pointers (2nd-248), three-point attempts (2nd-642), games played (tied for 2nd-129), assists (3rd-427), field goal attempts (3rd-1,771), scoring (3rd- 2,078), field goals (3rd-756), free throw percentage (tied for 3rd-.832) and three- point percentage (5th-.386).

Quigley has appeared in 35 WNBA games with Phoenix, Indiana, San Antonio, Seattle and now Chicago. Prior to signing with the Sky, Quigley enjoyed a strong showing overseas. She averaged 14.7 points on 45 percent shooting for Good Angels Kosice in the Slovak Republic and helped her team finish fourth in EuroLeague Women last year.

Quigley has also suited up for the Hungarian National Team for the European

In her WNBA career, Quigley has posted averages of 5.5 minutes and 1.9 points per game. In her first action for the Sky against Indiana, she scored two points and dished out an assist in three minutes. On May 31 against Connecticut, she saw seven minutes of playing time and netted two points on 1-3 shooting.

One of Quigley’s crowning achievements as a Blue Demon was leading De- Paul to its first-ever Sweet 16 in 2006. That tournament appearance was one of four that Quigley took part in, one in each of her seasons as a player.

The Sky next take the floor in San Antonio June 7.