Introducing a new folk music event in Rogers Park, every Tuesday

“Singing for Your Supper” Songwriter Showcase

The Rogers Park neighborhood is welcoming a new music event presented by The Chicago Acoustic Underground. On the first Tuesday of every month “Singing for your Supper” will be gracing the stage of Act One Pub at 8:00 p.m. The event is located at 1324 West Morse Ave. and there is no cover at the door.

The songwriter showcase was brought to life by Hannah Frank, the publicist for Chicago Acoustic Underground. Chicago Acoustic Underground is a local podcast that presents more than 400 acts on its website. It has been active for five years and showcases live, local talent at spots all over the city.

One of the founders, Victor Sanders said, “Rogers Park was a very vibrant artistic community in the 1960’s and ’70s and we are happy to bringing that back into effect with events like this.” He is also set to play the guitar at the next event.

Along with Sanders, nine other Chicago-based songwriters as well as the featured event will perform. The music genres include folk, pop Americana and experimental.

Act One Pub appears to be an excellent venue for such an intimate event. Located in front of the Mayne stage, the restaurant offers exceptional service as well as American cuisine. It also features selected wines and imported as well as local craft beer.