Pitino, DePaul comment on text message suggesting payment to recruit

Credit: DePaul Athletics

Credit: DePaul Athletics

Credit: DePaul Athletics

After news broke this morning that former University of Louisville head basketball coach Rick Pitino said DePaul offered five-star 2017 recruit Brian Bowen $200,000 to sign with the Blue Demons in a text message to a former assistant coach, Pitino says he didn’t believe it when he sent it.

“I said to [my former assistant coach] Kenny Johnson on the phone: ‘I don’t believe a word of it,” Pitino told the Louisville Courier Journal. “Where would DePaul get $200,000 to pay Brian Bowen? There’s no truth to what this guy said. He’s a nobody in the business. He hates DePaul, this guy.”

Late this afternoon, DePaul University released an official statement regarding the text message found in court records.  

“DePaul University takes seriously the high standards of conduct expected in our athletics department and will not tolerate deviation from those standards. To date, neither the NCAA nor federal prosecutors have contacted us about this matter. We will, of course, fully cooperate if contacted in the future by the NCAA or federal law enforcement.”

Pitino went on to say that he never believed Bowen was taking any money because he “wasn’t a great basketball player.” However, after Louisville entered the fold late in his recruiting process, Bowen committed to Louisville over a shortlist of school’s including Michigan State, Creighton and DePaul.

Then, this past September, an FBI investigation revealed that Bowen received $100,000 in a scheme designed to shepherd players to Adidas affiliated schools, like Louisville. Pitino was placed on administrative leave the day after a U.S. Attorney disclosed the findings and he continues to deny any involvement with the scheme.

Rick Carter, a former associate head coach at DePaul who was at the center of DePaul’s recruiting efforts at the time, tweeted earlier today that he believes Pitino was misinformed.

“I think people might have gotten some bad info and passed it along to their boss,” Carter wrote. “No money was ever offered. We were hiring a staff that all had connections to Bowen. HS Coach, AAU Coach and obviously I had connections to past teams. People shouldn’t believe what they read.”

10 Responses to “Pitino, DePaul comment on text message suggesting payment to recruit”

1. clouds on August 7th, 2018 7:24 am

HOW TO ENLARGE YOUR PENIS WITH DR.COVENANT PENIS ENLARGEMENT CREAM
    Hello everyone am cliff, From texas USA , i am here to give my testimony about a spell caster called Dr Covenant, I was heartbroken because i had very small penis, not big enough to satisfy a woman, i have been in so many relationship, but cut off because of my situation, i have used so many product which doctors prescribe for me, but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments on the internet about this specialist called Dr Covenant and decided to email him on his email i saw on the internet,(Covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com) so I decided to give his herbal product a try. i emailed him and he got back to me, he gave me some comforting words with his herbal pills for Penis Enlargement, Within 3 week of it, i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, ” and now it just 4 weeks of using his products my penis is about 9 inches longer, and i had to settle out with my Ex girlfriend Jane, i was surprised when she said that she is satisfied with my sex and i have got a large penis.
    Am so happy, thanks to Dr Covenant. If you need his help on his email via (Covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com) Thanks or call him on his mobile +2349057353987

RESULTS AFTER CASTING OUR PENIS ENLARGEMENT SPELL;
    Permanent penis enlargement
    Thick penis
    Bigger penis head
    Improved force and intensity
    Boosted semen quantity
    Effective erections
    Cures and prevents impotence
    Have multiple orgasms
    Ends Early ejaculation
    Increased stamina
    Best regard

MICHAEL ZOTOO Reply:

I NEED A SPELL CASTER TO GET MY EX LOVER BACK WHATSAPP +1(424)-261-8520

I read some testimonies about a love spell caster by DR LARRY on how he has helped lots of people in bringing back their ex lovers within 48hours, Sincerely I was just thinking if that was real and if this man could really help bring back my lover whom I love so much. I decided to contact him because I love my wife so much and we have been apart for a couple of months I really missed her so much, I have tried all other means to get her back but couldn’t. I contacted DR LARRY and he told me that my ex will come back to me in the next 48 hours, DR LARRY released her up to know how much i loved and wanted her And opened her eyes to picture how much we have share together. My ex is now back to me again as I`m the most happiest man on earth. All thanks goes to DR LARRY for the excessive work that he has done for me for helping me get my ex back . here is his email assurancesolutionhome@gmail.com whatsapp him on +1(424)-261-8520. and contact him if you have a lover that you really want back so badly,

2. Doris Carter on August 7th, 2018 10:29 am

Healing from HIV-AIDS, i never though dr.camala who could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, i have tried almost everything but i couldn’t find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend alot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i come across a great post of !Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor, sometime i really wonder why people called him Papa camala, i never knew it was alll because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing i will never forget that anyone who contacted him is ! always getting his or her healing in just 6 hours after doing all he ask you, so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him, so i did all things only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i will to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing dr.camala gave to me from the ancient part of Africa, you can email him now for your own healing too at: dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com or WhatsApp him +2349055637784 thank you sir for healing me from HIV, i am Doris Carter.

3. Ellery Adrian on August 10th, 2018 9:32 am

I started seeking for help when I was desperate to see the good in my life because I was blinded by deception, expecting loyalty from a man who can’t be honest with himself. For 2 years’ happiness seems overrated while depression and anxiety took over my life.
    One of the hardest thing I did was not not moving on because I trust my marriage will work again someday.
    During the search to regain my sight and improve my marriage, I came across this email dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com owned by Dr.Wakina love spell master. Immediately after a successful love spell was cast, my life was given a meaning, my husband changed his attitudes and started focusing on me and the family. He became my everything. We became truthful to ourselves.
    I appreciate the time and effort he (Dr. Wakina) put into giving our lives a meaning.

4. Sarah Jack on August 11th, 2018 10:22 pm

My husband and I have been married for 3 and a half years. In June it will be 7 years that we have been a part of each other lives. Recently he found out about a guy I slept with when we were separated and I did not tell him about. Before we got married we both agreed to let everything out and start fresh. I didn’t tell him. I was embarrassed bc the guy and I never actually had sex…just everything that led up to it. not to mention it was my brothers best friend and a huge mistake. well it came out recently along with some lies. A friend told my husband I cheated on him and I have never cheated on my husband nor would I ever. He is convinced I am a cheater. we have 2 beautiful kids and all I have ever wanted is a happy family. my kids and my husband truly are my everything. I can not see a future where my husband is not in it. I want to do whatever I can to save my marriage but I feel my husband is already set on the divorce. I know I could have been a better wife to him….a wife he deserves but now I fee like I have realized it too late. I look at my kids and I hate myself for allowing myself to break my family apart. I know my husband is not perfect and he has hurt me tremendously these past 5 years we have been off and on but we made it through for a reason. I love him and I want to save my marriage, one day a friend of my introduce me to a spell caster online who lift me up gave me hope and with-in 2 days after his spell my husband who told me he needed a divorce, called me and take me back home to me i must say today we are happily as one big family again all thanks to Dr joy a father and a real spell caster.Contact email address joylovespell@gmail.com Call him +2348100452479.

5. Burkett Sherry Lynn on August 15th, 2018 3:26 pm

Hello, I am Burkett Sherry Lynn from USA, i want to shear my testimony on how i got a good spell caster that help me bring back my husband. Dr, OGU JAZAZA, After being in relationship with my husband for years, he broke up with me. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster Dr, OGU JAZAZA, and he assured me and said that there is no problem that everything will be okay before three days. He cast the spell and surprisingly on the second day, my husband called me. I was so surprised and shock, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again and i also thank Dr, OGU JAZAZA, so very much for what he has done for me. If anyone should need help, you can contact Dr, OGU JAZAZA, The spell casters on email address is: (drogujazazasolution@gmail.com). or Whats-app him today (+12098373537). You can email him or Whats-app if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case. Dr, OGU JAZAZA, could help you with the following:

If you want to fix you broken marriage or relationship.
    (1) If you want to find true love.
    (2) If you want to rekindle a relationship with your ex.
    (3) If you want to stop infidelity in your relationship/marriage.
    (4) If you desire to be bind in love with your partner forever.
    (5) If you want to never separate from your lover.
    (6) He also have spell to bring back your ex HIv/Aids, parkinson disease.
    Contact him any time any day if you have any problem he will help you solved them immediately. his email address is: (drogujazazasolution@gmail.com). or Whats-app him today (+12098373537). thanks again my good and lovely Dr, OGU JAZAZA, god bless you more.

6. Olivia Stephen form Tx,USA on August 16th, 2018 8:34 pm

HOW I GOT MY HUSBAND BACK HOME WITH THE HELP OF A REAL AND POWERFUL SPELL CASTER DR UNITY CALL/WHATSAPP +2348071622464.. My name is Olivia Stephen form Tx,USA, I almost took my life because of my husband who left me and stop picking my calls answering my mails and my messages. He said He do not trust me anymore, I tried to convince and beg him, but he will not believe or answer me until we had a fight and broke up for 6months, after then I realize I can not live without him because of the love I have for him. I tried everything possible to get him back, but non worked for me, some fake spell casters scammed me and went away with my money until I came across this man called Dr Unity he helped me cast a spell for me and behold my husband came back after 28 hours, begging me for forgiveness, I was so surprised that spell caster like Dr Unity still exist. If anyone here needs some help, with all sincerity, contact Dr Unity today On Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2348071622464 ….

7. Raphael on August 17th, 2018 7:50 am

Not much to say concerning Dr. Wakina, we all know Dr. Wakina love spell is capable of resurrecting a dead-end relationship. This is just a simply thank you for bringing back my ex-wife after three years and four months of ongoing feud. His mysterious spell worked as testified by people he has helped, he saved my married just as promised. I will conclude by saying with Dr. spell you don’t need to fight anymore or go through pains just to save your marriage. His contact email is (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com)

8. Olivia Stephen form Tx,USA on August 17th, 2018 11:17 pm

HOW I GOT MY HUSBAND BACK HOME WITH THE HELP OF A REAL AND POWERFUL SPELL CASTER DR UNITY CALL/WHATSAPP +2348071622464.. My name is Olivia Stephen form Tx,USA, I almost took my life because of my husband who left me and stop picking my calls answering my mails and my messages. He said He do not trust me anymore, I tried to convince and beg him, but he will not believe or answer me until we had a fight and broke up for 6months, after then I realize I can not live without him because of the love I have for him. I tried everything possible to get him back, but non worked for me, some fake spell casters scammed me and went away with my money until I came across this man called Dr Unity he helped me cast a spell for me and behold my husband came back after 28 hours, begging me for forgiveness, I was so surprised that spell caster like Dr Unity still exist. If anyone here needs some help, with all sincerity, contact Dr Unity today On Unityspelltemple@gmail.com

9. Janae Willis on August 20th, 2018 6:58 am

Dear Priest Aluta, Thank you, thank you, thank you, Two months ago i sent you an email about how my boyfriend left me because he felt that we were in a “rut. He started seeing another woman and it totally broke my heart. Fred and i had been together for over three years and all of this came as a total shock to me. That was when i came to you for a help and i ordered for the “Leave my man alone spell “and”Love me again spell. Three days just as the same way you told me he will return. Fred and i started to talk again. He was still with the other woman, but communication opened up between us. I then waited for the Love me spell and 1 week latter, Fred called me. He told me that he broke up with the other woman and he regretted letting go of me physically, because he never let go of me emotionally. We are talking things slow now (because both of us are nervous), but things are totally wonderful between us. I never really thought that i would have the chance to be with Fred again. I felt like my situation was hopeless, but your spell have change my whole life. I totally praise the spirits who have help me. I am so thankful. I recommend people to contact Priest Aluta today for your relationship issues. e-mail him: voodoosputuralspell@gmail.com

• Pitino, DePaul comment on text message suggesting payment to recruit

Too good to be true: Shannon Jr. reopens committment

The book of Eli: “I just want to win”

From pariah to hot commodity, Shannon’s recruiting story has happy ending after slow start

Blue Demons strike gold again on recruiting front

NCAA announces widespread rules changes in college basketball

Maric’s basketball journey will continue in Belgium

Text found in court records claims DePaul offered $200,000 to five-star recruit

Former DePaul video coordinator accepts assistant coaching job at CCSU

McCallum’s agent hopes his scoring spices up in Switzerland

Henry selected to try out for Team USA World Cup qualifying team