Questions for Quinn: Social media habits, shopping recommendations and getting involved in student media

Valentina asked: “Which social media app should I delete for my mental health?” 

Answer: 

Hey Valentina! This is a great question and I’m glad you asked it. I think it’s important to curate your social media feeds to present content that makes you happy. 

If you’re someone that compares themselves to other people in a way that’s self-deprecating, avoid following people that make you feel that way when you see their pictures. If you’re someone that suffers from FOMO (fear of missing out) and seeing your friends hanging out without you makes you sad, try not to keep up with everyone’s stories on Instagram or Snapchat. 

I fill my feed with content that makes me happy. I love food, fashion and art so I try to follow pages that showcase exactly that. Find what makes you happy and curate your feed to appeal to that. 

I would say that deleting an app can be a good decision, but it’s unrealistic. You’ll end up downloading the app on a boring night within the next week. What I would HIGHLY recommend is utilizing the screen time feature on your iPhone that limits the amount of time you spend on social media.

I hope that helps and best of luck!

Hannah asked: “Where do you get your sweaters? They’re always gorgeous.” 

Answer: 

Hannah! This question put the biggest smile on my face. To answer your question, I get my sweaters from all kinds of places. I have a sweater hoarding problem so the options are endless. 

I have found that the best place to find the most unique and timeless vintage sweaters are at thrift shops across the city! Some of my favorite sweaters are from thrift shops. The best part about my thrifted sweaters is that I have yet to see anyone on campus wearing the same sweater as me! 

To me, the key to styling sweaters is wearing different shades of the same color. Today I’m wearing a baby blue and white button up under a darker blue, Ralph Lauren sweater. It’s really the chef’s kiss. 

Go hit up those thrift shops and find yourself some fabulous sweaters! Thanks again for your kind words and best of luck to you, Hannah.

Bella asked: “How do you get involved with DePaulia staff?”

Answer:

Hey Bella! I’m so happy you want to get involved with The DePaulia. Currently, our editor roles are filled. However, we are always accepting outside writers to either take on a pitch presented by one of our section editors, or to write a story based on an original pitch you present to the section editor that oversees that section.

If you send your email to me at [email protected] I can go ahead and add you to our weekly pitch email where you’ll find all of our pitches as well as the emails of each section editor of whom you’d send your original pitches to. You can also reach out to our Editor-in-Chief, Lacey Latch. 

Excited for you to get involved with the paper and I hope to get an email from you soon, Bella!