The best DePaul student discounts in Chicago

No college experience is universal, but if there is one thing that binds students together, it’s getting deals and discounts. Lucky for us, having a student ID is the golden ticket for so many freebies, sales and special offers. The DePaulia reached out to the DePaul community and read through the Demon Discounts page to source the best places to go on a student budget.

DEPAUL

The Ray Meyer Fitness Center, or The Ray, is a go-to spot for exercising because access to the gym is included in tuition!

Group fitness classes at the Ray, including cycling, cardio kickboxing, Zumba, Pilates, yoga and more are held every day. Students can register ahead of time before dropping in for a class.

The Idea Realization Lab (IRL) is a makerspace where students can create and learn how to use equipment including sewing machines, 3D printers, laser cutters and more. The IRL is located on the third floor of the Daley Building in the Loop and the second floor of the Schmitt Academic Center in Lincoln Park.

FOOD

Near the Lincoln Park Campus

The Bourgeois Pig cafe is known for its coffee, tea, salads and sandwiches. Students can receive 10% off any order with a DePaul ID.

Jam ‘n Honey is an all-day breakfast spot blocks away from the Lincoln Park campus. The restaurant offers 10% all orders Monday-Friday and 20% off all orders after 4 p.m. when presented with a DePaul ID.

XO Marshmallow dessert cafe has 20% off dine-in orders on Tuesdays with a valid student ID.

Near the Loop Campus

Bibibop Asian Grill provides students with a free drink when they purchase a regular bowl. Show your DePaul ID at the checkout for the freebie.

Hero Coffee, located in the alley near the Jackson-street entrance of the College of Communication, offers 10% off to students who show their student ID.

Poke Poké has a 10% discount for students who show their ID at checkout.

MUSEUMS

The Art Institute, located mere blocks away from the Loop campus, has free entry for all DePaul students when you show your DePaul ID at the entrance desk.

The Chicago History Museum is a place to explore the ins and outs of the Windy City. Current exhibition topics include costume collections, the Chicago Fire, the Chicago Sun-Times photo collection, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and more.

Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum has a butterfly haven, a live collection of native-Chicago animals and nature-inspired art. Students have free admission with a DePaul ID.

Museum Free Days are free admission periods for Illinois residents. Places like the Adler Planetarium, the Museum of Science and Industry, the Field Museum and the Shedd Aquarium all have free admission days listed on their websites.

ENTERTAINMENT

AMC Theatre tickets are sold for only $10 at DePaul’s Office of Student Involvement. Students can purchase a limit of four tickets per day with a DePaul ID.

The Chicago Symphony Orchestra sells $15 orchestra tickets through its student ticket program. Tickets bought the day-of are $20. Make sure to bring your ID to the concert!

The WNBA Chicago Sky offers discounts for all basketball games played at Wintrust, simply enter the code DEPAUL at checkout.

Second City, the renowned comedy club, has 15% off Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday shows if you use the promo code DEPAULIA (yes, really!).

The Chicago Opera Theater sells first come, first served $20 tickets for every performance when you use the code DEPAUL20 at the checkout.

Evanston SPACE concert hall has 50% off any standing room ticket to a show from 5-9 p.m. on show nights.

SHOPPING

Barnes & Noble at the DePaul Center has 20% off books, supplies and other full priced items when you show a DePaul ID at the checkout.

Student Beans is a hub for all the best student discounts. Download the app or visit the Student Beans website for a collection of discounts and deals.

Unidays is another service that keeps track of student deals so that you don’t have to.

OTHER

Bellows Film Lab in Bucktown will develop and scan your photos at a 20% discount when you show your student ID.

iParkit parking garages in the Loop have student discount parking with the code student598.