Record Store Day editor’s picks

Record Store Day officially posted their release list a couple of weeks ago and it’s almost identical to the leaked list we shared earlier last month. We’re listing some highlights below. See something you like? Be sure to wake up early and nab your favorites before they end up sold out and flipped on eBay! Mark your calendars; Record Store Day is Saturday, April 20.

Radar Eyes (Flexi disc)

Chicago label Notes and Bolts will be celebrating Record Store Day with a beautiful see-through flexi disc which will feature an exclusive track by local favorites Radar Eyes. The minimalist flexi disc will be available for purchase at the Fullerton record store Saki. It is limited to 250, 100 of which will be on sale at Saki in translucent envelopes.

A Place To Bury Strangers- Strange Moon (12″)

If there’s one thing that most of my friends know about me it’s the fact that I am a major A Place To Bury Strangers fan. The New York noise rockers consistently release solid material and I expect nothing less from their Record Store Day exclusive. What makes this release interesting though is that it’s a cover album of Dead Moon songs. Purchase with confidence.

Brian Jonestown Massacre

Brian Jonestown Massacre is one of those bands that’s always pushing the envelope in what can be done within the rock genre. With this release they turn their focus on a trance inducing psychedelic experiment. Listen to it long enough and you’ll be rewarded with two secret bonus tracks. 

The Cure- Kiss me, Kiss me

A classic Cure album reissued in limited red vinyl. Need I say more?

Foals- Holy Fire (12″

The Foal’s third album “Holy Fire” has been getting a lot of critical acclaim the past month (and rightfully so, the album is banging). What makes the Record Store Day edition so special? Not only are you buying one this year’s best rock albums but you’re also getting a bonus gold 7″ with special single.

White Stripes- Elephant (12″)

Considered The White Stripes’ most popular and critically acclaimed album, Elephant turns 10 this year, and to mark the occasion Jack White’s label is releasing special, highly limited reissue of the album. Split colored in red-black and white. IF THERE’S ONE ITEM YOU BUY THIS YEAR FOR RECORD STORE DAY THIS SHOULD BE IT. Be sure to be at your record store early if you want any chance of getting this record, these thing will fly off the shelf.