Savor

placeholder ad
NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP

Jack White selected as Record Store Day ambassador

Record Store Day returns again this year on April 21, and like previous years, the event’s organizers have selected a Record Store Day ambassador. This year it is former White Stripes singer-songwriter-guitarist Jack White.

Owning and operating his own record label Third Man Records, White is no stranger to vinyl. He’s expressed his admiration for the analogue format countless times in interviews, calling it more romantic.

Third Man Records is well known for their unique and controversially limited vinyl pressings. The label has released everything from peach scented vinyl to glow in the dark 7″s. The releases are known for reaching record breaking prices on eBay.

Third Man Records and Jack White participated in last year’s Record Store Day by re-releasing some out of print White Stripes singles.

This year White will be going all out by releasing a re-mastered and limited double-vinyl reissue of The White Stripe’s fourth album “Elephant.” The two vinyl records will be colored in red, black, and white.

White released his debut solo album “Blunderbuss” last year and was a Lollapalooza headliner. He also surprised Chicagoans by playing an in-store show at Reckless Records’ Wicker Park store on the same weekend.

Check out White’s tongue-in-cheek conspiracy ridden Record Store Day promo below.

ξ