Tea Time: DAVIDsTea comes to Chicago

For tea lovers, DAVIDsTea is the place to go and grab some delicious and exceptional loose-leaf tea. With two already popular Chicago locations on Southport Avenue and North Damen Avenue, as well as a cult-like following, their newest Chicago location on Armitage Avenue right off the Armitage Brown Line stop is sure to be a success with the DePaul and Lincoln Park crowd.

With a selection of around 150 teas all mixed by master mixologists, this Canadian-based company has a tea for every occasion and palate. Their wide selection offers flavors like “Date Night,” which has real pieces of popcorn in the tea leaves, “Chocolate Rocket,” which is a strong chocolate scented mat’ÛΩ tea, “Brazillionaire,” “North African Mint” and “Forever Nuts,” which is one of their more popular flavors and happens to smell just like cinnamon granola. For the more traditional tea drinkers, DAVIDsTea serves familiar teas like “Earl Grey,” “English Rose” and “Cinnamon Rooibos Chai” to name just a few.

Upon entering the clean, white and modern tea boutique, the staff immediately provide samples of their “Tea of the Day,” which is any of the numerous and fragrant flavors that line the wall. Then, customers at the enormous counter can request to smell the teas and hear about the benefits they provide. The employees are incredibly knowledgeable and friendly and will let you smell as many teas as you would like before making a selection. Tea is sold by the ounce (one ounce lasts about a week). DAVIDsTea also features a tea bar where they will make you a cup, pitcher or pot of any tea (hot or iced) and a stylish selection of tea accessories like tea pots, infusers, filters, travel mugs, tins and kettles.