Belly up to the businesses

Small businesses have been able to attract more customers due to the Belly Rewards card.
After paying a small monthly fee to Belly, the rewards card is known for giving a helping hand to a lot of residents in Chicago and has been a great loyalty card service to small businesses.

During visits merchants will have an iPad to have easy access for customers to sign up for the rewards card or app.

Belly Rewards offers both the mobile app version and the physical rewards card. There are many perks that come with the card like a store naming a sandwich after you or Devil Dawgs, right near DePaul’s Lincoln Park campus, offering a lot of deals.

If you accumulate 15 points you can get a free fountain drink. If you accumulate 60 points you can cook your own food. As your points add up, they can turn into amazing rewards like a free Dawg/Burger Party at a venue of your choice if you collect 125 points at Devil Dawgs. And it doesn’t always have to be a fast food place; at South Port Lanes located on 3325 N. Southport Ave., you can get an hour of free bowling for 20 points.

“I didn’t know about the Belly Rewards card before,” said Jeanette Estrada, DePaul elementary education major. “But now that I know I can get free stuff; I’m definitely going to try it.”

There’s a long list of rewards you can get and in order to receive points, all you have to do is check into places like Devil Dawgs and use your card/app while paying. Another location near DePaul’s Lincoln Park campus is Threading Concepts – a beauty business located on 2007 N. Sheffield Ave.

“We got Belly rewards about two to three months ago,” said Roma Cristian, Threading Concepts employee. “Now a lot of our customers use it and we have 2 rewards – for 50 points the customer can get their eyebrows threaded and for 100 points, the customer can get $20 off a Brazilian wax.”

Belly launched in August 2011 and has more than 200,000 active customers. There are plenty of places to collect rewards points all over Chicago, especially around the Lincoln Park area. It’s fun and free so why not try the Belly card? For more information on the perks of the Belly card visit Bellycard.com