Scare and the city: Fear City Apocolypse

As Halloween approaches, the horror begins in Morton Grove, Ill, as Fear City Apocalypse meets Hades Haunted house.

Many people have raved about Hades Haunted house before, but now Fear City Apocalypse seeks to send terror through the spine of the few who dare to enter. With 40,000 square feet of indoor space, new sets and tons of actors, what more can a person ask for? Before you even enter, there are monsters lurking about to catch you while you wait in line.

Fear City Apocalypse will make your insides shake. More than 100 live actors make sure that there is not one moment you are alone. Plagues, aliens, zombies and flesh eating babies are around every corner. As you enter, you are examined by an officer to see if you can ride the “red line.” When you are cleared, it’s time to walk through, and what awaits you is beyond imaginable. A broken down train invites you in to take a ride. Once inside, all hell breaks lose. You are on your own looking for a way out of Fear City. The sets are magnificently detailed.

The zombies’ torn flesh, the infected families and the demented clowns all look so real, it’s terrorizing.
If you survive the surprises that Fear City has in store for you, then brace yourself for Hades Haunted House. You are warned that it is pitch black and you can very easily get “eaten,” so it is wise to stick together with a group. As you venture in through the “blue line,” the seven deadly sins are displayed everywhere.

The mythological underworld setting brings out the little scared child in you. Everywhere you go, some zombie is hungry, someone is infected and someone is waiting for you. The only thing is, in the beginning you really can’t see a thing. It is difficult to move around and some people would complain about where to go. If the path were clearer, Hades Haunted house would be much better and it would crate less traffic for the customers in the back.

Bravo to Chuck Grendy’s production team, Jim Lichon and Joe Jenson for using their skills to create such an amazing pop culture and end of the world setting. There was not one second where you didn’t notice the amazing hard work that was put into these two haunted houses. Each haunt individually is $25, but both together is only $35. Located in one place, these two are definitely worth a haunt.