Langford Market brings style to Lincoln Park

There are many shops you can visit while walking down Armitage Ave. – gift shops, restaurants, beauty shops, but mainly clothing shops. One in particular called Langford Market has a special connection with its customers. Located on 851 W. Armitage Ave., Langford Market is known as a third-generation store targeting daughters, mothers and grandmothers from the ages of 15 to 65.

The shop’s grand opening took place on April 20 and they already started off with a bang. “I heard about this store at my school,” said Langford Market employee and Art Institute of Chicago graduate student Jessica Rudy. “We had a career service lady that worked at the Art Institute; Courtney, the store manager, came and wanted to hire students.”

Every month the shop holds three events which include its underground fashion show, Fashion’s Night Out and DePaul’s “Back to School” event most recently. At these types of events, jewelry vendors are hired and catering is provided by Bleeding Heart Bakery. As customers are searching for articles of clothing to wear, the employees interact with them and ask them about their day.

Langford Market is well-known for taking extra care of its customers and the environment makes you feel as if you are in a fashion show. They have a nice selection of clothing suited for a night out in the city or classy wear for a more sophisticated look.

Shoppers can take advantage of great discounts and sales as well. Most of the clothing ranges from $20 to $80, but you can always find a good deal. DePaul students get 25 percent off every purchase and there is a buy-one-get-one-free deal on the necklace selection. The “pick your sales” discounts entail that if you spend $100 you get $50 off, or spend $150 and get $75 off. Langford Market even offers $25 off on your birthday.

“I have heard of Langford Market, but I haven’t had a chance to go there and check it out,” said DePaul freshman management major Alexandra Kenyon. “But it’s on my to-do list now. I think the discounts are awesome.”

In addition to great discounts and sales, the shop has a “Top It Off Thursday” where they serve wine to their customers (for those over 21).

Receiving new shipment of clothing every three to four days, there is never the same selection at the shop. With the fall season here, they have a nice variety of coats and jackets as well as an amazing selection of clutch purses, bracelets, and clothing.

Visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Langford-Market-Armitage