The DePaulia staff share their summer activities

Wondering what the DePaulia editors are doing this summer? Check out these photos to see where we’ve been and what we’ve been up to.

Click each photo to enlarge.

Captions:

Our Editor In Chief Elizabeth Schuetz took advantage of suburban pool access as temperatures soared into triple digits

Elizabeth took this picture of ComEd working on a Chicago street. Comed struggled to restore power to thousands of homes where it had been lost during recent days of sweltering, record-breaking heat throughout Chicago.

Arts and Life EditorCourtney Jacquinis spending most of her summer working, but she fits in a few interesting things every once in a while. She participated in the Chicago Women’s Half Marathon and 5K in June where she completed her very first 5K. Here she is after the race with her dad.

Courtney tries to take advantage of free days at museums as often as it will fit into her schedule. A few weeks ago she spent a Tuesday afternoon at the Museum of Contemporary art. “Their lower level entrance is especially friendly,” she said.

News Editor Dylan McHugh is in New York this summer. Here is a picture he took of a carnival in Central Park.

This photo is the view from the 8th floor of 51st St. and 7th Ave. in New York City.

Kasia Fejklowicz, the Opinions Editor was one of 10 bridesmaids at her cousin’s wedding this summer. 

This beautiful photo is of a sunset by Kasia’s house in Wauconda, Ill.

Managing Editor Paige Wagenknecht took this photo while trying to keep cool at Tastey Freez on Armitage.

Paige loves a summer BBQ.

Online Editor Zoe Barker’s hometown of Wheaton was one of several suburbs ravaged by a severe storm Sunday, July 1. Her neighborhood was out of power for four days and the town continues to recover from the damage of downed trees (as seen here) to this day, more than a week later.

Zoe spends as much time as possible with her niece Svea, pictured here, whom she is convinced is the cutest baby in the world.