Pretty Evil: ‘Ghost Stories’

SCREAM QUEENS: L-R: Lea Michele, Billie Lourd and Abigail Breslin in the "Ghost Stories" episode of SCREAM QUEENS airing Tuesday, Nov. 17 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©2015 Fox Broadcasting Co. Cr: Steve Dietl/FOX.
SCREAM QUEENS: L-R: Lea Michele, Billie Lourd and Abigail Breslin in the “Ghost Stories” episode of SCREAM QUEENS airing Tuesday, Nov. 17 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©2015 (Photo courtesy of Steve Dietl/FOX )

This may be difficult to comprehend since we aren’t all psychology majors like Chad, but this episode delivered not only enough ghost stories to scare viewers out of ever using the bathroom again but also plenty of leads onto who the other Red Devil is.

Self-proclaimed master of disguise, Boone, is officially back on Wallace University’s campus. Well, technically he’s always been there but this time he’s out of the Red Devil costume and in a bearded costume. When his beard slips off during a smoothie mishap, Chanel #3 spots him and is convinced the ghost of Boone is haunting her.

Chanel and Chad’s Night of 1000 Compliments seems to have gotten better when Chanel announces Chad’s proposal to her fellow sisters. Chad presented Chanel with the silver turkey wishbone necklace and an invitation to the Radwell Thanksgiving dinner at their Hampton’s compound. Chanel gleefully tells her sisters of the Radwell tradition of the silver turkey wishbone necklace. The lucky girl who receives the necklace will no doubt receive a ring by Christmas. Except for Denise who is now casually haunting the Hampton getaway.

Once the fear becomes too much to bare, Chanel #3 reveals that the ghost of dead Boone is haunting her. To comfort the Chanels from their fears of the Red Devil and Boone, Denise gathers the girls around the fireplace to share scary ghost stories. Mama Denise shares Japanese ghost stories of the Kappa creature that lives in the sewer and snatches people while they’re on the toilet. She also warned the girls of the Red Cloak. The mysterious killer that strikes once you run out of toilet paper. If you pick the red roll, the Red Cloak stabs you to death while picking the blue roll leads you to death by strangling. While most of the Chanels are now so terrified of the bathroom they are willing to pee in a salad bowl, Hester is enthralled.

Love is also in the air at Wallace University, as another love triangle has come to fruition at the Kappa House. Things have obviously heated up between Earl and Zayday as Earl runs to grab champagne and chocolate for a special night with her. But after he leaves, the not-so-dead ghost of Boone appears through the window. He confesses his love for Zayday right before Grace enters and calls his bluff of being a ghost, pointing out his fork wound scar from when he kidnapped Zayday as the Red Devil. Boone falls out the window, escapes the Kappa House and stabs Earl, destroying every theory I had about Earl being the Red Devil.

Back inside the Kappa House, Denise seems to be the only brave Kappa to use the bathroom. However, once inside she is stuck with the decision: red or blue roll. Denise’s scariest stories are coming true when the Red Devil pops his head over the bathroom stall. A fight ensues and Denise escapes, running into the other girls and locking the doors with handcuffs. She exclaims without another ghost story she is on the verge of a stroke and heart attack and won’t be able to escape from the Red Devil again.

If the Zayday, Earl and Boone love triangle didn’t end tragically enough for you, enter the Chanel, Chad and Hester triangle I had hoped sizzled out a few episodes before. After Chad shuts down Hester, back in her bedazzled neck brace, Hester rushes back to Kappa to tell one last ghost story. The story of a girl who was always an outcast and took the ultimate revenge on the mean girls by sleeping with Chad and getting pregnant.

Grace and Zayday meet with the Dean after all three finally realize the detective is completely worthless. The Dean finally coughs up some information for the girls. She confirms that there were two babies that night at Kappa 1995 and that the sister left to watch over the girl in the bathtub took the babies before the Dean returned.

The pieces begin to come together in the Red Devil lair, where Boone and the other Red Devil wait for Gigi’s arrival with a plan to take her out. Boone’s monologue to Gigi about her raising him and his sibling, the other Red Devil, in an insane asylum backs Gigi into a corner and just when we think it is the end for Gigi, Boone’s sibling stabs him instead.

The killings do not end. Back at Kappa, the Chanels convince Hester to eat sushi, soft cheese and drink champagne, all things pregnant women could not do. Hester fesses up to not being pregnant but is still persistent that she will be going to Radwell Thanksgiving. After a scurried dash, Chanel pushes Hester down the sweeping staircase, killing her for her love for Chad.

PREDICTIONS

Now that my theory that Earl Grey was the second Red Devil is completely ruined, I have to backtrack. In the beginning of the episode Boone asked the second Red Devil on the phone if he or she had spoken to Zayday. The two babies born in the bathtub in 1995 were a boy and a girl. So we are to assume the second Red Devil is Boone’s sister. If he is asking her if she has talked to Zayday it could mean that the second Red Devil is a Kappa sister. Perhaps it is Chanel #5.