Strus is no longer on the loose; announces return to DePaul after declaring for NBA draft

Max+Strus+notched+his+first+double-double+as+a+Blue+Demon+Saturday+at+St.+John%27s+with+22+points+and+10+rebounds.+%28Konrad+Markowski%2FThe+DePaulia%29+
Max Strus notched his first double-double as a Blue Demon Saturday at St. John's with 22 points and 10 rebounds. (Konrad Markowski/The DePaulia)

A key piece in the DePaul Blue Demon men’s basketball puzzle has decided to return to Lincoln Park for his senior season.

After declaring for the NBA draft at the end of March but not signing with an agent which opened up the possibility for a return to the college basketball ranks, Blue Demon star wing player Max Strus will spend his senior season wearing the blue and red of DePaul.

“I’m glad I was able to go through the process and receive feedback from NBA teams,” Strus said via a statement released by the university this morning. “Now we can look forward to my senior season at DePaul and we’re already working and getting better this spring as a team. We can’t wait to see everyone back at Wintrust Arena in November.”

Today was the final day the NCAA allowed athletes to withdraw their name from NBA draft consideration and still retain their collegiate eligibility. Strus didn’t receive an invite to the NBA draft combine in mid-May, but did participate in private workouts with several NBA teams.

Strus is a 6-foot-6-inch wing player who has garnered praise for his motor, competitive edge, and athleticism. He can score from anywhere on the floor and finished 11th in the Big East Conference in scoring average (16.8 points per game) last season despite commanding the attention of the opposition’s best defender on a nightly basis and frequently having to navigate through double teams as well. He’s also a tenacious rebounder for his size and position, averaging 5.6 boards per game.

Strus projects as the best player on a Blue Demon team with a number of intriguing pieces for next season. Fellow senior Eli Cain has been a quality player in the Big East his entire career, while Femi Olujobi brings experience and scoring chops to Chicago as a gradate transfer from North Carolina A&T. Jalen Coleman-Lands, who sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules, and freshman John Diener will add shooting to a team that shot a Big East-worst 31 percent from 3-point range last season. Justin Roberts, Paul Reed, and Jaylen Butz all had solid freshmen seasons and will look to take another step in their development this winter.

But there’s a lot of work to be done after head coach Dave Leitao and his crew finished 11-20 (4-14) last season.

2 Responses to “Strus is no longer on the loose; announces return to DePaul after declaring for NBA draft”

1. Caden Sage on June 5th, 2018 3:47 am

This is my story, a true life story on how I survived an abusive husband(s). Please read and share.

Leaving an abusive marriage was life threatening, I was scared of the post-divorce lifestyle. I felt starting afresh with another man seems impossible at my age because my husband(s) always downplays my emotions making me feel like a worthless woman. Yes, I was married thrice.

I was betrayed by a friend, cheated upon by husband(s), beaten, jailed but I never gave up, I chose to ride or die with my current 5-year-old marriage because of love, our children and our shared finance. Though I love my husband to a fault and believed I can change his mindset through spiritual means before we go our separate ways.

After domestic abuse and emotional conflicts comes spiritual father, Dr. Wakina with redemption and restoration via dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com with the spell that ended my abusive circle. I also escaped social pressure.

I wasn’t wrong afterall sticking to my husband and changing our lifestyle through spiritual doctors. Believe me, we’re living our dream lifestyle for over 5-months with much love and respect for each other.

2. Robert Jason on July 25th, 2018 6:52 pm

My names are Robert Jason want to testify about this great love spell caster that helped me bring back my ex wife. My ex wife and i where having a misunderstanding which led to our breakup though i went to beg her several times to please forgive and accept me back because i know i offended her but each time i went i always feel more deeply in pain and agony because she always walk out on me and would not want to listen to what i have to tell and i felt so empty inside me, my loneliness became worst, until this faithful day i was browsing through the internet i saw a testimony on the internet testifying of Dr Raypower good work, i contacted him which he assured me within 48 hours for an instant result. Just same 48 hours as he promised my wife now came back home begging for forgiveness to love and cherish her and the kids forever, am so happy and thankful to Dr Raypower,,, My wife is madly in love with me again. If there is any body Out there who is in Difficulties and need help should kindly Contact Dr. Raypower below

Email: urgentspellcast@gmail.com

Call or WhatsApp: +1 (424) 330-8109.

• Strus is no longer on the loose; announces return to DePaul after declaring for NBA draft

Blue Demons strike gold again on recruiting front

NCAA announces widespread rules changes in college basketball

Pitino, DePaul comment on text message suggesting payment to recruit

Maric’s basketball journey will continue in Belgium

Text found in court records claims DePaul offered $200,000 to five-star recruit

Former DePaul video coordinator accepts assistant coaching job at CCSU

McCallum’s agent hopes his scoring spices up in Switzerland

Henry selected to try out for Team USA World Cup qualifying team

Justin Roberts to transfer from DePaul

The DePaulia’s 2018-19 recruiting class analysis