Blue Demons strike gold again on recruiting front

DePaul head coach Dave Leitao yells to his team during the first half of an NCAA college basketball  game against Villanova, Tuesday, March 1, 2016, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum)

DePaul head coach Dave Leitao yells to his team during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game against Villanova, Tuesday, March 1, 2016, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum)

The recruiting gods are finally smiling down on the DePaul men’s basketball program.

After whiffing on their top two targets in the class of 2018 last spring, DePaul Blue Demon head coach Dave Leitao landed local four-star recruit Terrence Shannon Jr. today to pair with fellow four-star recruit Romeo Weems who gave a verbal commitment to the program in late May.

247sports.com ranks the 6-foot-7-inch Shannon Jr. as the 90th-best recruit in his class. The athletic small forward graduated from Lincoln Park High School in 2018 (less than a mile from DePaul’s Lincoln Park campus), but reclassified to the 2019 recruiting class so he can spend a season at elite preparatory boarding school IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. This school has produced NBA players Dwight Powell, Jonathan Isaac, and Anfernee Simons.

Shannon Jr. hadn’t received a Division I basketball offer after his high school basketball season concluded last March, but began to garner attention after averaging 14.0 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 2.1 assists on the AAU circuit last spring and summer with the Chicago-based Mac Irvin Fire on the Nike EYBL circuit.

With the addition of Shannon Jr. coupled with Weems, 247sports.com currently has the Blue Demons 2019 recruiting class as the seventh-best in the nation. The Blue Demons hope they can form a dynamic one-two punch on the wing on a team that is beginning to look dangerous.

In 2019 when Weems and Shannon Jr. arrive, current sophomore big men Paul Reed and Jaylen Butz will be another year older and better, as will Flynn Cameron who will begin his redshirt freshman campaign next season. Sharp-shooting Jalen Coleman-Lands will be a senior and Arkansas transfer Darious Hall will still be around.

Don’t look now, but Leitao and the Blue Demons seem to have found their recruiting golden touch.

6 Responses to “Blue Demons strike gold again on recruiting front”

1. Joseph Bourelly on August 13th, 2018 12:34 pm

Nice pickup for DePaul. 2019 looks very promising. As for this seasonr, Big East is wide open so I expect DePaul to beat some teams.

2. Burkett Sherry Lynn on August 15th, 2018 3:35 pm

Hello, I am Burkett Sherry Lynn from USA, i want to shear my testimony on how i got a good spell caster that help me bring back my husband. Dr, OGU JAZAZA, After being in relationship with my husband for years, he broke up with me. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster Dr, OGU JAZAZA, and he assured me and said that there is no problem that everything will be okay before three days. He cast the spell and surprisingly on the second day, my husband called me. I was so surprised and shock, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again and i also thank Dr, OGU JAZAZA, so very much for what he has done for me. If anyone should need help, you can contact Dr, OGU JAZAZA, The spell casters on email address is: (drogujazazasolution@gmail.com). or Whats-app him today (+12098373537). You can email him or Whats-app if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case. Dr, OGU JAZAZA, could help you with the following:

If you want to fix you broken marriage or relationship.
    (1) If you want to find true love.
    (2) If you want to rekindle a relationship with your ex.
    (3) If you want to stop infidelity in your relationship/marriage.
    (4) If you desire to be bind in love with your partner forever.
    (5) If you want to never separate from your lover.
    (6) He also have spell to bring back your ex HIv/Aids, parkinson disease.
    Contact him any time any day if you have any problem he will help you solved them immediately. his email address is: (drogujazazasolution@gmail.com). or Whats-app him today (+12098373537). thanks again my good and lovely Dr, OGU JAZAZA, god bless you more.

3. Raphael on August 17th, 2018 7:54 am

Not much to say concerning Dr. Wakina, we all know Dr. Wakina love spell is capable of resurrecting a dead-end relationship. This is just a simply thank you for bringing back my ex-wife after three years and four months of ongoing feud. His mysterious spell worked as testified by people he has helped, he saved my married just as promised. I will conclude by saying with Dr. spell you don’t need to fight anymore or go through pains just to save your marriage. His contact email is (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com)

4. Michelle Armstrong on August 20th, 2018 4:18 pm

I cannot believe this… MY EX HUSBAND IS BACK TO ME!!!
    My name is Michelle. This is a story of Doctor Odunga who brought my ex husband back to me in 3 days of contact. He told me me he would do it but i didn’t believe him but decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise, my ex husband came home and started playing with the kids and gave me a kiss on my cheek, knelt down on his knees and begged me for leaving without a goodbye. I heard he had woman he was seeing before he left me and i was devastated which made me seek help in a spell caster such as Doctor Odunga. I also met this man through a testimony about him and i contacted his email at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com and when i explained things to him, he told me not to worry. I am very happy today that my husband who left me for over 2 years, came back home. I asked him what about the other woman and he said that was his past and nothing will ever make him leave again. I am thankful to Doctor Odunga. Contact him to help you now at odungaspelltemple@gmail. com

5. Darryl Duncan on August 27th, 2018 2:05 pm

Hello everyone, I must start by saying that I didn’t go into marriage with expectation that it will fail after 8 years. I and my spouse where not compassionate to ourselves. Trying to work out my marriage was self-defeating, we don’t really know why we no longer find ourselves attractive anymore. All we secretly thought was divorce, we couldn’t agree or communicate anymore, it was emotionally difficult moments when we face each other in the bedroom.
    I know that a phycologist might not be able to help me go through divorce because it has never worked for me. Divorcing could traumatize our kids, I can’t let them be emotionally crippled.
    I remember my grandmother once told me that not issues can be resolved physically, I should try solving some issues spiritually through a well-known spiritual doctor.
    I can provide evidence that my life and marriage got more better and interesting with so much love and fulfilled promises after Dr. Wakina lighted up our fire with a magnificent love spell with the aid of dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com.
    The spell work I never regarded rewrote my story. I’m touched beyond words, thanks Dr. Wakina.

6. Nicole Travolta on September 16th, 2018 4:27 pm

Hey everyone
    I’m so excited. My ex-boyfriend is back after few months of breakup, I’m extremely happy that will are living together again. My boyfriend of 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.
    I was really upset and I needed help, so I searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Ahmed can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it then he did a spell for me. 17 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again…
    All thanks to Dr Ahmed if you have any marital, relationship or divorces problem contact Dr Ahmed now and I guarantee you that he will help you.
    Here’s his contact.
    Call/what’s-app: +2348160153829
    Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com

• Blue Demons strike gold again on recruiting front

Big East extends tournament deal with MSG through 2028

“He’s Our Superman;” Strus helps Blue Demons fan Flames

Sweet Home Chicago: Blue Demons look to burn Flames

Strus scales 3-point field goal milestone in 104-70 Blue Demon win against Chicago State

Blue Demons look for bounceback tonight against Chicago State

Trio of Blue Demons receive weekly awards

25-0 run dooms Blue Demons against Northwestern

DePaul versus Northwestern preview: Will we get another thriller?

Transfer talk: Out of necessity, Blue Demon transfers integrating quickly

Blue Demons survive another slow start to drop Florida A&M