Franny Cerny named to Preseason All-Big East Team

Senior Franny Cerny (right) scored her third goal of the season in the win against Illinois. (Josh Leff / The DePaulia)

As the DePaul women’s soccer team gets ready to open its regular season this week, the preseason awards are coming in.

DePaul senior Franny Cerny was unanimously named to the 2018 Preseason All-Big East Team, as voted on by the Big East women’s soccer coaches.

The announcement came Thursday after Cerny led the Blue Demons last season with 10 goals and 22 points and was tops in shots on the team with 55. Adding to an already good season, Cerny also had four game-winning goals and was voted onto the 2017 All-Big East First Team.

DePaul, who qualified for the Big East Championship for the sixth consecutive year in 2017, were picked to finish fifth in the conference in the preseason coaches’ poll.

Two-time Big East champions Georgetown were once again picked to finish first with nine first place votes after allowing just two goals over nine league contests last season. Just behind Georgetown sat Butler, who was the only other team to receive a first place vote, as well as, Marquette and Providence.

DePaul beat Northwestern in an exhibition game on Friday, but will travel to SMU on Thursday for their season opener before returning to host UMass Lowell and Illinois.

2 Responses to “Franny Cerny named to Preseason All-Big East Team”

1. Raphael on August 17th, 2018 7:57 am

Not much to say concerning Dr. Wakina, we all know Dr. Wakina love spell is capable of resurrecting a dead-end relationship. This is just a simply thank you for bringing back my ex-wife after three years and four months of ongoing feud. His mysterious spell worked as testified by people he has helped, he saved my married just as promised. I will conclude by saying with Dr. spell you don’t need to fight anymore or go through pains just to save your marriage. His contact email is (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com)

2. Nicole Travolta on September 21st, 2018 5:57 am

Hey everyone
    I’m so excited. My ex-boyfriend is back after few months of breakup, I’m extremely happy that will are living together again. My boyfriend of 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy….
    I was really upset and I needed help, so I searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Ahmed can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it then he did a spell for me. 17 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again…
    All thanks to Dr Ahmed if you have any marital, relationship or divorces problem contact Dr Ahmed now and I guarantee you that he will help you.
    Here’s his contact.
    Call/what’s-app: +2348160153829
    Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com

• Franny Cerny named to Preseason All-Big East Team

Soccer

New jerseys inspire women ahead of World Cup

Soccer

DePaul extends contract of women’s soccer coach Erin Chastain

Soccer

DePaul held scoreless in tie against Providence

• Soccer

Cerny hits home stretch of time at DePaul

Soccer

DePaul settles for draw against Marquette

• Soccer

DePaul bounces back with win in overtime

Soccer

Down to 10 players, DePaul falls to Alabama in non-conference finale

Soccer

DePaul remains unbeaten at home with win against Loyola Chicago, tie against LMU

Soccer

DePaul rallies for 3-1 win over in-state rival Illinois

Soccer

DePaul cruises to 7-0 win in regular season home opener