DePaul offers complimentary parking for Wednesday night’s game

With the incoming polar vortex that is expected to hit Chicago and the rest of the midwest this week that will bring record low temperatures the next two days, DePaul has already cancelled all classes on Wednesday and Thursday.

However, the men’s basketball game between DePaul (11-8; 3-5 Big East) and the No. 14 ranked Villanova Wildcats (16-4; 7-0 Big East) will still be played on Wednesday at 7:00  p.m. at Wintrust Arena.

With the news that the game will not be postponed, DePaul athletics announced a few special measures including opening the arena earlier than normal at 5:00 p.m. CT to offer shelter from the cold to fans that are looking to get to the stadium earlier or want to come straight to Wintrust after work. In addition to this change, DePaul will also provide complimentary parking in Lot A at McCormick Place (floors 2,4,5,6) and they are also instructing fans to utilize the pedestrian skywalk from Lot A to Wintrust Arena to avoid being outside for an extended period of time.

Fans who already have their tickets can go through an indoor pedestrian bridge and walkway on Level 3 that takes those fans straight into the arena without having to go outside, fans must have a printed ticket to enter at the skywalk pedestrian bridge. In addition, fans with Blue and Red season ticket parking passes will be allowed to park on Level 3 for easy access to the pedestrian bridge with direct access into Wintrust.

DePaul is also encouraging fans who already have tickets in their possession to use the entrance at the Marriott Marquis on Prairie Avenue and access the arena through the pedestrian bridge to avoid the cold.

The shuttle bus that has taken students from Lincoln Park to Wintrust this season will be available tomorrow night for students, but local fans and community members are also encouraged to use the same shuttle bus to get to the stadium. Students will be able to enter Wintrust at any fan entrance by swiping their DePaul ID with a ticket representative and will then be issued a game ticket.

After the game, DePaul will offer a shuttle bus for fans to take them to the green and red line, in an effort to keep them from being outside for an extended period of time. People who are interested in this must meet the shuttle host in the atrium entrance of Wintrust immediately following the end of the game.

For fans and students who are planning to go to the game tomorrow night it’s important they don’t stand outside for too long, and adhere to all weather and travel warnings from the City of Chicago.