A new kind of storage

March 11, 2019

Toward the end of the spring term, DePaul students typically pack up whatever belongings they have from their dorms or apartments and take them home for the summer. They may leave their other items in a storage unit if the place they call home is a long way away from Chicago.

But not everyone, including college graduates, can meet the financial requirements or specific dates that different storage facilities offer. These factors are why 42-year-old Chicago native Sean Sandona founded Doorage.com, a storage solutions company, in Feb. 2018. The now-CEO launched the student program in April 2018.

Doorage.com differentiates itself from the general storage business model in that it charges its customers in the Chicago area on the cubic volume in boxes that they use instead of charging them for a room of storage space. Aside from catering to students, Doorage.com also does business and residential storage.

“You get small bins. You can photo everything that’s in there, and we take it away from your dorm and we bring it back to your next housing when fall move-in is happening,” Sandona said. “It takes all [of] the headaches out of it. We did great with students, so we really targeted our business aggressively towards students.”

The first month of storage is based on the number of days left in the month. New customers only pay for storage based on the pickup date until the end of the month and then it renews on the first on the month at the full monthly storage rate. The only minimum is the first pro-rated month and the renewal on the first full month.

On average, college students spend about $60 to $70 per month in storage with Doorage.com.

Storage starts at $1 per cubic foot for up to 50 cubic feet, and the average box is four cubic feet. The larger volume you store, the price continues to drop per cubic foot. Comparably, the average monthly cost of a self-storage unit in the U.S. is $91.14 as of Dec. 2018.

Sandona came up with the business model for Doorage.com following a history of having a handful of storage units for many years that had been broken into and damaged. It became evident to Sandona that he could not get out of the traditional storage unit model trap.

A lifelong entrepreneur, Sandona started his first company when he was 15 years old before starting two more companies while he was in college at Northeastern Illinois University and after he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in business administration.

Graphic by Annalisa Baranowski for the DePaulia

While taking a trip to Las Vegas a few years ago, Sandona began brainstorming ideas after wondering how he could make the storage unit business less of a hassle for consumers. Perhaps the most important component of the industry that Sandona realized was missing that was not so evident in his experience was customer service.

Sandona then spent half a year planning before creating a concept for the business and spending a year in technology development.

“We know that with student business, there’s such a volume that student business makes us profitable in a market through the whole student season,” Sandona said. “So, we can pre-launch in January, hard-launch in February…and then we’re profitable in that market during the student storage months.”

The relatively new storage solutions company is expanding rapidly and has a strategy to grow to 50 markets nationwide. Doorage.com will be launching in Milwaukee and Madison , Wisconsin later this month.

Additionally, Doorage.com has looked into franchising, but its primary target will be university-specific markets that could not be disclosed. Aaron Pagel, an adjunct professor at DePaul who teaches an undergraduate economics course in business strategy, doesn’t see any harm in the model that Doorage.com is implementing.

“The fact that [Doorage.com] is focusing specifically on college students and the college market, I mean it makes sense,” Pagel said. “It’s a meaningful segment for sure. I think it’s probably something that I’d be curious if other competitors would come into this market as well once they show there’s value.”

The company doesn’t disclose the total number of facilities because self-storage units are one of the highest-targeted areas for criminals because there’s not a lot of monitoring. Furthermore, Doorage.com has non-disclosed locations because it is protected, so no one is allowed in except for the background check staff and employees. What Doorage.com can say, however, is that it has multiple facilities in the greater O’Hare district.

Eva Toon, a student at Elmhurst College, found Doorage.com to be helpful in aiding her with storage operations as an out-of-state student from Arizona.

“[Doorage.com] is a stress reliever,” Toon said. “The workers who helped carry all my stuff up three flights of stairs was one of the many helpful tasks they did. They went through protocol to double-check all items were secured within the boxes and for the items like my mini-fridge was nicely wrapped and protected.”

At the moment, it is not quite certain whether the model that Doorage.com utilizes can be duplicated across the storage industry by other moving equipment and storage rental companies such as U-Haul because of the numerous technological variables, such as security maintenance and storage unit codes, that go into the business model.

“All of that technology exists, but implementing it in the storage unit industry is questionable because most people, when they use storage units, aren’t necessarily putting everything in pre-defined boxes,” Pagel said. “From this market, the college market, I think it makes a lot of sense. The expansion of the industry moving forward, I think there’s a lot of market education that needs to be done for that to be a real thing.”

18 Responses to “A new kind of storage”

1. Appslure on March 15th, 2019 7:11 am

Thanks for posting keep updating. We are Excellent company for
    http://www.appslure.com/web-development/

2. Natasha Wanderly on March 15th, 2019 7:33 pm

After 12years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he could come back to me, I was really worried and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a Love spell for me. 11hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity is real spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your ex lover back or save your marriage fast. Do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster Dr.Unity now. Here’s his contact: Call/WhatsApp him: +2348071622464 ,Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com .

3. Clara James on March 16th, 2019 7:14 am

GREAT LOVE SPELL CASTER PRIEST WISDOM THAT HELP ME SAVE MY RELATIONSHIP.TEXT OR ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP: +2348124644470

My name is CLARA JAMES .i want to give thanks to PRIEST WISDOM for bringing back my ex husband.No one could have ever made me believe that the letter I’m about to write would actually one day be written. I was the world’s biggest skeptic. I never believed in magic spells or anything like this, but I was told by a reliable source (a very close co-worker) that Trust is a very dedicated, gifted, and talented person,It was one of the best things I have ever done. My love life was in shambles; I had been through two divorces and was on the brink of a third. I just couldn’t face another divorce, and I wanted to try harder to make our relationship work, but my husband didn’t seem to care. and he brake up with me again.I was confuse and do not no what to do again,rather them to get in contact with PRIEST WISDOM . He did a love spell that make my husband come back to me. we are now very much happy with our self. PRIEST WISDOM make him to realize how much we love and need each other.This man is for REAL and for good.he can also help you to fix your broken relationship. I had my husband back! It was like a miracle! He suddenly wanted to go to marriage counseling, and we’re doing very, very well,in our love life.contact email Supernaturalspell1@gmail.com text or add him up on whatsApp at: +2348124644470 //////////””””””””’

4. Wesley Bailey on March 19th, 2019 5:28 am

Am so happy to tell everyone how my joy and happiness was restored by Baba Obudu. He is the best person to have come in contact with me this year. I have been In pain ever since my wife left me for another man leaving me with a 2 years old to take care of. I read about Baba Obudu online and wrote him, poured my heart to him and he assured me that my wife is going to be with me on my baby 3rd birthday and my dear people May 5th is her birthday and my wife is here already as Baba have said and we are planning the birth together.

Please I am assuring everyone out there who is reading this testimony to never give up cos I almost gave up. I have met two caster before who tried to help but to no avail and I spent money nothing worked until I met Baba Obudu who told me he is not just a spell caster who read books to cast spell but he uses black magic to cast his spell. I was ready to do anything to get my wife back so I told him to do what ever it will take in as much there is no repercussion which he did and within 72 hours of the ritual my wife call to ask after the baby, that was how she started calling and within a week she moved back and we are now happy. Thank you baba for I will be forever grateful to you.

Am using this medium to tell everyone out there never to give up, you may have contacted some spell caster before who have no black magic power to do anything thereby wasting your resources and time, Baba Obudu is not like them, he make sure his work is done and perfectly. Just give him a chance to bring that happiness back to you just as he did to me so you can join me too in this testimony.

He has the following spell:

1.) Love spell
    2.) Legal case spell
    3.) Divorced spell
    4.) Immigration/Breakthrough spell
    5.) Has Herbs for all types of diseases

Good luck as your put it into work and may your happiness and love be restored back to you
    Contact him on:
    obuduyang@gmail.com

5. Josh George on April 1st, 2019 2:49 am

wow, its great idea and useful. Thanks for sharing this information. If you are facing any problem related to antivirus contact Avast Tech Support Number.
    Avast Tech Support Number

6. pamela on April 5th, 2019 7:50 am

When I found Dr. Paul I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another woman. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr.Paul through his website and He told me me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my boyfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr. Paul helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr. Paul to anyone in need of help. Email: astoriashrine@ gmail com, Call him or add him on whatsapp via: +2349051441669

7. Cindy on April 11th, 2019 8:02 am

My husband and I have been married for over 10 years. We met when I was 18 and he was 21. We’ve been through a lot emotionally together. There were several HUGE fights and painful situations in our marriage, but we always seemed to come out stronger on the other side. Out of the blue my husband just sprung the divorce talk on me, I was totally depressed until I found Dr.Todd website online and i ordered for a Love spell. You won’t believe my husband called me at the exact time this spell caster finished his spell work in 24hours. I was totally amazed! He is wonderful and his spells work so fast. His contact: manifestspellcast@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +27613087679

8. shole kakhaz on April 14th, 2019 7:18 am

I want to tell a secret to those of us; who their relationship/ marriage is going into misery beyond repair. And first before I begin, I want to first assure you readers, that there is no situation without a solution. Don’t leave that your horrible marriage you are almost fed up with…instead of running, why not stand to fight peace into it?? There is no strong marriage that has true love that is without a fight, and there is also no marriage that is without the experience of sweet and sour. With the one I experience, that I thought it’s finished there is nothing anybody can do about it. It’s was so hopeless to that level that I never believe it can be restored back again. God directed me to and open my eyes that those errors and mistakes in marriage if been corrected, these are the things that makes a strong marriage. With Priest Udene I was able to get him back, after 2yrs of total separation. During before that time I got him back…I have no life without him and can’t imagine myself laying into another man arms after I have already spend so much years in a relationship with my husband before we now finally got married with the help of the great Priest Udene and that was when I noticed, that we women, we are the cause of most of our problems. And I want to give you an insight prove for that…most of our ladies are lucky with good men who truly have love in their heart; and almost of them don’t value gift of a good man. while others, are sorrowing love over a man who doesn’t love them. Pls, readers. If you read this comment and you have been facing sorrow with your love one’s, I want to tell you that, the end of that sorrow and misery is done. Priest Udene , is the key you need to open every close doors of happiness, rejoice, love and satisfaction into that your relationship. I will help you by leaving his email below” contact him and cry to him for help. and let him help you to get out of that misery you don’t belong to. (priestudene555@gmail.com) or his whatsapp number +19725819702 here is the direct email and He will reply back and help you with whatever problems you want his help for. And please be obedient to follow instructions.

9. sarah richard on April 21st, 2019 10:26 pm

My name is Richard Sarah from Malaysia. My husband left me a month ago and he was leaving with another woman who is 10 years older than him,i feet like my life was completely over. I read over the Internet how a spell caster have help several people to get there love back. I have been depress for the past one month and what i need is to get him back and live with him happily. so i decided to give it a try so i contacted this spell caster called Dr.UZOYA and explain my problems to him and he cast a love spell which i use to get my husband back and now my life is complete and both of us are very happy with the relationship. and i am thoroughly grateful to this man, his contact email is driraborspellcaster@gmail.com Thank you very much and i am extremely great full, his Tel; +1(301)909 8775 And there is know evil attach to his spell it will only make your relationship very stronger, you can also contact him on his facebook page FB.ME/DRUZOYASPELLTEMPLE…

10. David William on April 25th, 2019 6:15 pm

Am writing this article to appreciate the good work of DR guru. that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for no reason for the past 3 years. After seeing a post of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR guru. I also decided to contact him for help because all i wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother. Am happy today that he helped me and i can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, winning of lotteries, herbal cure for sickness or job promotion E.T.C. Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR guru should contact him now on his E-mail: dr.gurusolutiontemple@gmail.com ALSO ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP USING THIS MOBILE NUMBER:+2348157503084

11. Karina Clemente on April 26th, 2019 12:02 pm

THANKS Dr Isikolo FOR RESTORING MY HAPPINESS AND MY FAMILY TOGETHER.
    Hello, I am Karina Clemente After i have been in a relationship with my husband for years, he broke up with me. I did everything possible to get back to him but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because i loved him. so i explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that helped her cast a spell that got her pregnant and brought her husband back.I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster on whatsapp and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be okay.so He cast the spell for me and surprisingly after 48hours, my husband called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again.so anyone who need help on any kind of problems can also contact this real and very genuine spell caster Today. to know more about the magnificent spell caster just search on google isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com You can also Whatsapp or viber him on +2348133261196

12. sonia on May 10th, 2019 5:50 pm

Každý den jsem se probudil s úsměvem na tváři a zpíval chvály tomuto mocnému kouzelníkovi, kterému se říká Dr, ONIMA, který mi udělal velkou laskavost tím, že zachránil můj vztah od rozpadu. Kdysi jsem si myslela, že mám dokonalý vztah, až když můj milenec začal přicházet domů pozdě a každý den mi dal různé výmluvy, pak jsem se rozhodl, že ho budu pozorně sledovat a pak zjistím, že má poměr s jinou dívkou. Byl jsem zlomen v srdci, protože jsem mu věřil tolik a věděl jsem, že má tajný vztah, hodně mě bolí. Ale děkuji všem, kteří do internetu vložili kontaktní informace Dr, Onimy, protože díky tomu jsem byl schopen kontaktovat Dr, ONIMA a dnes můj vztah byl obnoven s láskou a více romantiky než kdy předtím. Pokud jste v nějakém druhu vztahu nebo manželství stresu budu vám laskavost tím, že upustí kontaktní informace Dr, ONIMA, které jsou prostřednictvím e-mailu: onimatempleofsolution1@hotmail.com Nebo volání +2347018807531.

13. Microsoft Customer Service on May 11th, 2019 2:04 am

Nice, great idea and useful. Thanks for sharing for this information. If you are facing any problem related to customer services, contact Microsoft customer service..

14. Microsoft Customer Service on May 11th, 2019 2:07 am

Nice, great idea and useful. Thanks for sharing for this information. If you are facing any problem related to customer services, contact Microsoft customer service

15. Microsoft tech support number on May 11th, 2019 2:36 am

If you have any issue related to tech services, contactMicrosoft tech support number

16. Deebra Jones on May 14th, 2019 3:04 am

Am very happy to tell everyone to hear my testimony i am from united state, a nurse, this story of my love life.I have been married for 4years and on the 5th year of my marriage, another woman had to take my husband away from home, my husband left me and the kids to suffer for 2years until i met a post where this man Dr. Udebhulu have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my husband back home and believe me i only sent my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make every one of you in similar problems to meet with this powerful man and have your lover back to your self.You can contact him with this email address {shomorikasolutiontemple@yahoo.com or
    shomorikasolutiontemple@hotmail.com} or call him via his whatsapp number +2349035080936 Thank you Dr Udebhulu. I am sure he will do same to help you

17. DONALD on May 15th, 2019 3:54 pm

PENIS ENLARGEMENT, WEAK ERECTION, FEEL LIKE A KING IN BED POWERFUL LOVER WITH COMPLETE CONTROL IN BED YOU CAN FUCK ANY WOMAN TO ORGASM AND IT,S EASY My name is Greg Williams from USA am here today to testify about my true life story many men all over the world today are suffering of small joystick (PENIS) and weak erection of the penis. I am 56 YEARS and have lived a very lonely life because of it. I can,t even look at women in the eye because of it. It has caused me great torment through-out my life. I had sex with a lot of girls but also had a lot of rejections and a lot of girls mock on my size. For me the thoughest part is not that girls mock on my size but when my wife packed out of the house and started seeing another man. Let’s me say that 85% of men & youth all over the world are really suffering of small joystick (PENIS) and weak erection of the penis. Some men today no longer enjoy their spouse any more, due to the size and weak erection of the penis, because of this act their ladies goes out to have sex with those men that their penis is bigger still strong and stand erect. This act breaks marriages or relationship. My condition have changed today after contacting DR.Ilekhojie the great herbalist, If you,re in the same condition please contact him via his email: gethelp05@gmail.com …. YOU CAN USE ANY OF THE EMAILS.. YOU CAN ALSO CALL / ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP USING THIS MOBILE NUMBER:+2348147400259 so you can feel like a REAL MAN AGAIN AND BE HAPPY FOR LIFE……

18. Antonella Sanchez on May 15th, 2019 3:54 pm

My husband left me for a younger woman and I was devastated. It was as if she had him under an evil spell, Paul turned against me overnight without any warning. It happened last year, I was desperate so I used every single spell casting website that I could find with no results. A friend sent me the link to Dr. Ilekhojie site and I contacted him. He started working with me on June. As a result from all of his wonderful work, my man and I are back together. I’m so happy and privileged to have such a great person like you on my side. Thank you! Todd’s contact gethelp05@gmail.com or call +2348147400259

The DePaulia • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in