Filed under Metro, News

Obama Foundation draws high-dollar, international donations

In this May 3, 2017, file photo, former President Barack Obama speaks near a rendering for the former president's lakefront presidential center at a community event on the Presidential Center at the South Shore Cultural Center in Chicago. Obama's foundation collected contributions of more than $1 million from 11 firms and individuals in the first three months of 2019, records show. The Obama Foundation's donor list, which is updated quarterly, included the AT&T Foundation and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation on Monday, along with other family trusts and foundations. The list also included foreign investors like Malaysian businessman Tony Fernandes, who is chief executive of AirAsia, and Rumi Verjee, who is a member of the British House of Lords.

AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh

AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh

AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh

Former President Barack Obama’s foundation collected contributions of more than $1 million from 11 firms and individuals in the first three months of 2019, records show.

The Obama Foundation’s donor list, which is updated quarterly, included the AT&T Foundation and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation on Monday, along with other family trusts and foundations. The list also included foreign investors like Malaysian businessman Tony Fernandes, who is chief executive of AirAsia, and Rumi Verjee, who is a member of the British House of Lords.

The foundation, which is responsible for developing the Obama Presidential Center in Chicago, lists the donors by monetary range instead of detailing the specific amount each donor gave. Other notable donors who gave from January through March of this year include Dropbox co-founder Andrew “Drew” Houston and the San Francisco 49ers.

The latest update that includes wealthy and charitable individuals and families differs from last year’s list of donors. During 2018, the Obama Foundation drew celebrity support, including from Oprah Winfrey, Shonda Rimes and NBA star Stephen Curry’s foundation.

The foundation didn’t disclose Monday how much money it has on hand specifically to build the presidential center campus. The foundation’s annual report and tax documents show that it raised more than $232 million from private donors during 2017 and spent about $21.3 million on operations.

The foundation plans to build the Obama Presidential Center on about 19 acres of parkland on Chicago’s South Side. Officials want to break ground this year on the estimated $500 million project but a federal lawsuit and federal review process have stalled construction.

One Response to “Obama Foundation draws high-dollar, international donations”

1. Cope Techs on April 19th, 2019 11:22 am

COPE TECHS is an organization of Technology experts🖥️💻 with the aim to help individuals with solving Technology difficulties. We offer the best hacking services as well as our aim is not for Theft purpose but to help individuals overcoming Technology issues with our skills.

✴️For example-: There are so many individuals out there who owe a lot of debts💶💷 to Banks and other Loan Firms and are working hard 🛠️⚒️to pay back but really can’t pay. That’s were our services can help you, we have a way of generating Bitcoin and funding it into a PayPal account and by this you can pay your debts.

✴️Another Example of our service-: A Man or Woman who suspects his/her Spouse of Cheating but have no prove, we could help by HACKING the Spouse Cell phone📱 so he/she could get access to Chats, Emails📩, Location📍, Phone calls 📞and text message✉️ of the Spouse anywhere they are.

✴️We also Help student in Universities/College/High Institute📚 in changing their Grades/results saving them from repeating exams and giving them a better Degree.
    Other services we offer are-:
    ✴️Clearing of Bad Records from Courts and Police facilities.
    ✴️ Detection of weakness in Computer system security⚛️
    ✴️Funding a PayPal account💷💵
    ✴️Cyber Attacks☣️ and lots more
    Put this on your mind, “AS LONG AS IT’S TECHNOLOGY, IT CAN BE HACKED”
    We belong to the HACKERS forum HackerOne and we have the Top hackers in the forum always ready to take the risk and do a job. If you need hacking Services, contact-: COPETECHS@GMAIL.COM
    We look forward to hacking for you.

• Obama Foundation draws high-dollar, international donations

Metro

Illinois man found guilty in teen’s 1992 strangulation death

Metro

Unsealed file contains Smollett bail conditions

Metro

Lori Lightfoot sworn in as Chicago mayor; vows big reforms

Metro

COMMENTARY: Chicago will remember Emanuel as he was, not as he wants

Metro

Potential solutions to urban flooding not attainable for communities that need them most

Metro

Pilsen proposes historic landmark to slow gentrification

Metro

Chicago public health department confirms measles case

Metro

Pregnant Chicago woman slain, baby cut from her womb

Metro

Transparency trouble: New database shows police misconduct records for Chicago and beyond

Metro

Facebook bans conspiracy theorists from Infowars and Nation of Islam