Justin Roberts to transfer from DePaul

Justin+Roberts+dropped+16+points+visiting+Xavier+Saturday+in+his+best+performance+since+he+broke+out+with+19+points+against+Illinois+on+Nov.+17.%0A%28Photo+Courtesy+of+DePaul+Athletics%29+
Justin Roberts dropped 16 points visiting Xavier Saturday in his best performance since he broke out with 19 points against Illinois on Nov. 17.
(Photo Courtesy of DePaul Athletics)

Justin Roberts dropped 16 points visiting Xavier Saturday in his best performance since he broke out with 19 points against Illinois on Nov. 17. (Photo Courtesy of DePaul Athletics)

After an up-and-down freshman year at DePaul, Justin Roberts announced Friday he is heading elsewhere.

“After talking to my Family and praying over it, I decided that continuing my basketball and education at DePaul University isn’t what’s best for me,” Roberts said in a tweet. “I just think it’s better to re-open my recruiting process and seek other opportunities. I want to thank the University for the opportunity and the people who truly cared about me during my freshman year. I will forever love my teammates and will never forget the times we shared on and off the court.”

Roberts impressed early on in his freshman campaign against Illinois when he scored a season-high 19 points to go along with five assists and five rebounds in 33 minutes of action in relief of sophomore point guard Devin Gage, who left with ankle injury.

Roberts also nearly led the Blue Demons to a major upset over No. 6 Xavier with 16 points off the bench as he used his speed to attack the basket and help DePaul open up a 16 point lead on the road.

Outside of these two performances, however, Roberts battled inconsistency and saw his minutes fluctuate as DePaul searched for a solution at the point guard position after losing Gage to a ruptured Achilles in a win over Connecticut State.

Heading into next season, Roberts was part of a crowded point guard position that also includes freshman Flynn Cameron, as well as, Gage returning from his injury. Head coach Dave Leitao could also opt to stick with senior Eli Cain, who took over the point guard duties following the injury to Gage.

Per NCAA transfer rules, Roberts will have to sit out next season before having three years of eligibility left to play. He becomes the ninth player to transfer in Leitao’s second stint as head coach.

7 Responses to “Justin Roberts to transfer from DePaul”

1. Joseph Bourelly on June 2nd, 2018 3:39 pm

Too bad it didn’t work out. I think Justin Roberts is a talented young man with a good future ahead of him. He showed brilliant flashes at times during his freshman year but as the article point out, he was incredibly inconsistent which I think is the case for 95% of all freshman. Moving Eli Cain over to point guard after Devin Gage injured himself was incredibly frustrating for me to watch last season and I’m sure a slap in the face to Roberts sitting on the bench. Add to that recruiting Flynn Cameron in midseason, I’m sure that made him feel as though the coaches did not have any confidence in him. That said, Roberts has to really improve on the turnovers and decision making on the court.

2. Robert Jason on July 25th, 2018 6:52 pm

My names are Robert Jason want to testify about this great love spell caster that helped me bring back my ex wife. My ex wife and i where having a misunderstanding which led to our breakup though i went to beg her several times to please forgive and accept me back because i know i offended her but each time i went i always feel more deeply in pain and agony because she always walk out on me and would not want to listen to what i have to tell and i felt so empty inside me, my loneliness became worst, until this faithful day i was browsing through the internet i saw a testimony on the internet testifying of Dr Raypower good work, i contacted him which he assured me within 48 hours for an instant result. Just same 48 hours as he promised my wife now came back home begging for forgiveness to love and cherish her and the kids forever, am so happy and thankful to Dr Raypower,,, My wife is madly in love with me again. If there is any body Out there who is in Difficulties and need help should kindly Contact Dr. Raypower below

Email: urgentspellcast@gmail.com

Call or WhatsApp: +1 (424) 330-8109.

3. Caden Sage on June 5th, 2018 3:42 am

This is my story, a true life story on how I survived an abusive husband(s). Please read and share.

Leaving an abusive marriage was life threatening, I was scared of the post-divorce lifestyle. I felt starting afresh with another man seems impossible at my age because my husband(s) always downplays my emotions making me feel like a worthless woman. Yes, I was married thrice.

I was betrayed by a friend, cheated upon by husband(s), beaten, jailed but I never gave up, I chose to ride or die with my current 5-year-old marriage because of love, our children and our shared finance. Though I love my husband to a fault and believed I can change his mindset through spiritual means before we go our separate ways.

After domestic abuse and emotional conflicts comes spiritual father, Dr. Wakina with redemption and restoration via dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com with the spell that ended my abusive circle. I also escaped social pressure.

I wasn’t wrong afterall sticking to my husband and changing our lifestyle through spiritual doctors. Believe me, we’re living our dream lifestyle for over 5-months with much love and respect for each other.

4. tina on June 22nd, 2018 6:55 am

Hello everybody, thanks to Dr BAKABA, the HERBAL MAN, i don’t just know the reason why some people is finding it difficult to believe that there is a cure for CANCER I have been suffering from CANCER, since last three years but today i am happy that i am cure from it with the herbal medicine of Dr BAKABA the great healer, i was browsing on the internet searching for help when i came across a testimony shared by someone on how Dr BAKABA cure his CANCER, i was so much in need of getting his treatment but after all Dr BAKABA brought a smile to my face with his herbal medicine. i am so much happy today that we have someone like this great healer out there, so my people out there kindly contact this great healer on his email address: ( bakabaspelltemple@gmail.com ) please sir keep your good work cause there are people out there who is in need of your healing medicine. or you can add him on whatsApp his number ( +2347063836098 )or call him,
    DOCTOR BAKABA CAN AS WELL HELP THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS
    1. ALZHEIMER DISEASE, CURE
    2. HIV/AIDS CURE
    3 HERPES CURE
    4 PENIS ENLARGEMENT
    5 SPELL TO BRING BACK YOUR EX LOVER
    6 PREGNANCY SPELL
    CURE FOR ALL KINDS OF SICKNESS
    get all your problem solve..No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him now

5. Smack on July 12th, 2018 4:12 pm

Turnover prone, too small, can’t defend his shadow.

6. Jessica Jackson on July 24th, 2018 9:15 am

My name is Jessica Jackson. I want to testify of this great spell caster known as Dr Purity. This man is truly a real and great spell caster indeed. He brought my ex lover back to me just within 24hours.
    This man is real.Contact him now;
    Call/WhatsApp: +2348070980389
    Email: puritylovespell@gmail.com

7. Robert Jason on July 25th, 2018 6:53 pm

Email: urgentspellcast@gmail.com

Call or WhatsApp: +1 (424) 330-8109..

• Justin Roberts to transfer from DePaul

Lenti Ponsetto, Leitao, DePaul file order of protection against former assistant coach who challenges claims

New testimony in NCAA trial hits another DePaul men’s basketball coach

• Basketball

Lopez joins crowded DePaul backcourt

DePaul lands top 100 recruit

• Basketball

NCAA trial hits assistant men’s basketball coach

King of the Court

DePaul assistant Shane Heirman named in NCAA corruption trial

Blue Demons nab three star, class of 2019 recruit

Third time around, grad transfer lands at DePaul

Cameron returns with new sense of confidence

Justin Roberts to transfer from DePaul