Justin Roberts to transfer from DePaul

Justin+Roberts+dropped+16+points+visiting+Xavier+Saturday+in+his+best+performance+since+he+broke+out+with+19+points+against+Illinois+on+Nov.+17.%0A%28Photo+Courtesy+of+DePaul+Athletics%29+

Justin Roberts to transfer from DePaul

Justin Roberts dropped 16 points visiting Xavier Saturday in his best performance since he broke out with 19 points against Illinois on Nov. 17.
(Photo Courtesy of DePaul Athletics)

Justin Roberts dropped 16 points visiting Xavier Saturday in his best performance since he broke out with 19 points against Illinois on Nov. 17. (Photo Courtesy of DePaul Athletics)

After an up-and-down freshman year at DePaul, Justin Roberts announced Friday he is heading elsewhere.

“After talking to my Family and praying over it, I decided that continuing my basketball and education at DePaul University isn’t what’s best for me,” Roberts said in a tweet. “I just think it’s better to re-open my recruiting process and seek other opportunities. I want to thank the University for the opportunity and the people who truly cared about me during my freshman year. I will forever love my teammates and will never forget the times we shared on and off the court.”

Roberts impressed early on in his freshman campaign against Illinois when he scored a season-high 19 points to go along with five assists and five rebounds in 33 minutes of action in relief of sophomore point guard Devin Gage, who left with ankle injury.

Roberts also nearly led the Blue Demons to a major upset over No. 6 Xavier with 16 points off the bench as he used his speed to attack the basket and help DePaul open up a 16 point lead on the road.

Outside of these two performances, however, Roberts battled inconsistency and saw his minutes fluctuate as DePaul searched for a solution at the point guard position after losing Gage to a ruptured Achilles in a win over Connecticut State.

Heading into next season, Roberts was part of a crowded point guard position that also includes freshman Flynn Cameron, as well as, Gage returning from his injury. Head coach Dave Leitao could also opt to stick with senior Eli Cain, who took over the point guard duties following the injury to Gage.

Per NCAA transfer rules, Roberts will have to sit out next season before having three years of eligibility left to play. He becomes the ninth player to transfer in Leitao’s second stint as head coach.

10 Responses to “Justin Roberts to transfer from DePaul”

1. Joseph Bourelly on June 2nd, 2018 3:39 pm

Too bad it didn’t work out. I think Justin Roberts is a talented young man with a good future ahead of him. He showed brilliant flashes at times during his freshman year but as the article point out, he was incredibly inconsistent which I think is the case for 95% of all freshman. Moving Eli Cain over to point guard after Devin Gage injured himself was incredibly frustrating for me to watch last season and I’m sure a slap in the face to Roberts sitting on the bench. Add to that recruiting Flynn Cameron in midseason, I’m sure that made him feel as though the coaches did not have any confidence in him. That said, Roberts has to really improve on the turnovers and decision making on the court.

2. Robert Jason on July 25th, 2018 6:52 pm

My names are Robert Jason want to testify about this great love spell caster that helped me bring back my ex wife. My ex wife and i where having a misunderstanding which led to our breakup though i went to beg her several times to please forgive and accept me back because i know i offended her but each time i went i always feel more deeply in pain and agony because she always walk out on me and would not want to listen to what i have to tell and i felt so empty inside me, my loneliness became worst, until this faithful day i was browsing through the internet i saw a testimony on the internet testifying of Dr Raypower good work, i contacted him which he assured me within 48 hours for an instant result. Just same 48 hours as he promised my wife now came back home begging for forgiveness to love and cherish her and the kids forever, am so happy and thankful to Dr Raypower,,, My wife is madly in love with me again. If there is any body Out there who is in Difficulties and need help should kindly Contact Dr. Raypower below

Email: urgentspellcast@gmail.com

Call or WhatsApp: +1 (424) 330-8109.

3. Caden Sage on June 5th, 2018 3:42 am

This is my story, a true life story on how I survived an abusive husband(s). Please read and share.

Leaving an abusive marriage was life threatening, I was scared of the post-divorce lifestyle. I felt starting afresh with another man seems impossible at my age because my husband(s) always downplays my emotions making me feel like a worthless woman. Yes, I was married thrice.

I was betrayed by a friend, cheated upon by husband(s), beaten, jailed but I never gave up, I chose to ride or die with my current 5-year-old marriage because of love, our children and our shared finance. Though I love my husband to a fault and believed I can change his mindset through spiritual means before we go our separate ways.

After domestic abuse and emotional conflicts comes spiritual father, Dr. Wakina with redemption and restoration via dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com with the spell that ended my abusive circle. I also escaped social pressure.

I wasn’t wrong afterall sticking to my husband and changing our lifestyle through spiritual doctors. Believe me, we’re living our dream lifestyle for over 5-months with much love and respect for each other.

4. tina on June 22nd, 2018 6:55 am

Hello everybody, thanks to Dr BAKABA, the HERBAL MAN, i don’t just know the reason why some people is finding it difficult to believe that there is a cure for CANCER I have been suffering from CANCER, since last three years but today i am happy that i am cure from it with the herbal medicine of Dr BAKABA the great healer, i was browsing on the internet searching for help when i came across a testimony shared by someone on how Dr BAKABA cure his CANCER, i was so much in need of getting his treatment but after all Dr BAKABA brought a smile to my face with his herbal medicine. i am so much happy today that we have someone like this great healer out there, so my people out there kindly contact this great healer on his email address: ( bakabaspelltemple@gmail.com ) please sir keep your good work cause there are people out there who is in need of your healing medicine. or you can add him on whatsApp his number ( +2347063836098 )or call him,
    DOCTOR BAKABA CAN AS WELL HELP THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS
    1. ALZHEIMER DISEASE, CURE
    2. HIV/AIDS CURE
    3 HERPES CURE
    4 PENIS ENLARGEMENT
    5 SPELL TO BRING BACK YOUR EX LOVER
    6 PREGNANCY SPELL
    CURE FOR ALL KINDS OF SICKNESS
    get all your problem solve..No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him now

5. Smack on July 12th, 2018 4:12 pm

Turnover prone, too small, can’t defend his shadow.

6. Jessica Jackson on July 24th, 2018 9:15 am

My name is Jessica Jackson. I want to testify of this great spell caster known as Dr Purity. This man is truly a real and great spell caster indeed. He brought my ex lover back to me just within 24hours.
    This man is real.Contact him now;
    Call/WhatsApp: +2348070980389
    Email: puritylovespell@gmail.com

7. Robert Jason on July 25th, 2018 6:53 pm

Email: urgentspellcast@gmail.com

Call or WhatsApp: +1 (424) 330-8109..

8. Paul Smith on April 21st, 2019 12:17 am

HOW I GOT MY HUSBAND BACK HOME WITH THE HELP OF A REAL AND GENUINE SPELL CASTER DR LUCKY EMAIL HIM. My name is Paul Smith am from united state, I almost took my life because of my husband who left me and stop picking my calls answering my mails and my messages. He said He do not trust me anymore, I tried to convince and beg him, but he will not believe or answer me until we had a fight and broke up for 6 months, after then I realize I can not live without him because of the love I have for him. I tried everything possible to get him back, but non worked for me, some fake spell casters scammed me and went away with my money until I came across this man called Dr Lucky he helped me cast a spell for me and behold my husband came back after 48 hours, begging me for forgiveness, I was so surprised that spell caster like Dr Lucky still exist. If anyone here needs some help, with all sincerity, contact Dr Lucky today On Realspellcasteronline@gmail.com indeed you are a priest thank you for making my home a happy home again.i can never stop talking about you sir. . DR LUCKY is really a great man you can contact him for solution for any kind of problems like (1) lottery spell (2) ex back (3) get pregnant (4) cure for any kind of sickness,disease and infection And many others contact this great man today and get your Problems solved 100%

9. LOUIS ROSE on April 23rd, 2019 11:32 pm

Is my gratitude and honor to say a big thanks to a man with truth and do as he promise please every one on this site should join me and thank Dr UZOYA for the glory and happiness he gave to me, i break up with my husband 2 months back and i was down and do not know what to do until i saw a post about this spell caster Dr UZOYA who i explain my situation to, and then he said to me cry not my daughter for what you seek for is right here in my temple he gave me hope when i have no hope to my greatest notice, he did the spell for me and my husband was back 3 days after the spell please if you need any help my advise for you all is go to Dr UZOYA cause he is the best of all, contact him via driraborspellcaster@gmail.com OR you can call him directly on his cell phone number +1(301)909-8775

10. ann earnis on May 5th, 2019 5:57 pm

HOW I GOT MY HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF PRIEST WISDOM CONTACT ON WHATS_APP NUMBER +2348124644470

This is my testimony about the good work of priest wisdom who help me…. I’m Ann Earnis from north Carolina USA. And am sorry for putting this on net but i will have to, by this world best spell caster that brought back my husband who left me out for past 3 years, i eventually met this man on a blog site posting by one of is client for help, i explained everything to him and he told me about a spell caster that he had heard about and he gave me an email address to write to the spell caster to tell him my problems. In just 2 days, my husband was back to me. I just want to say thank you to this truthful and sincere spell caster, sir all you told me have come to pass and thank you sir. Please i want to tell everyone who is looking for any solution to their problem, i advice you to kindly consult this spell caster, he is real,he is powerful and whatever the spell caster tell is what will happen, because all what the spell caster told me came to pass. You can kindly contact him on: his email address is supernaturalspell1@gmail.com or directly on whats-app +2348124644470

• Justin Roberts to transfer from DePaul

COMMENTARY: After four years, the time for DePaul to win is long overdue

Former Blue Demon star participates in G League Elite Camp

Lenti Ponsetto: ‘We haven’t arrived yet’

The next generation of DePaul men’s basketball

Moore transferring to DePaul from Kansas

Moore where that came from: DePaul lands another impact transfer

New contract between DePaul, Northwestern aims to grow Chicago rivalry

John Diener to leave DePaul

Runners-ups meet in Big East-Big 12 challenge

Billy Garrett Jr. reaches NBA, reflects on DePaul

Justin Roberts to transfer from DePaul