Revenge-minded Blue Demons welcome Providence to Wintrust

Sophomore forward Paul Reed and senior forward Femi Olujobi look on during DePaul's loss to Butler on Jan. 16 at Wintrust Arena.

Shane Rene | The DePaulia

Shane Rene | The DePaulia

Shane Rene | The DePaulia

DePaul needs to stop the bleeding after dropping their third-straight contest on Wednesday.

The DePaul Blue Demons (11-9; 3-6) next opportunity to do that is today at 1:30 when they welcome the Providence College Friars (13-8; 3-5) to town as the grind of the Big East Conference schedule continues. The Friars hold a decisive 30-11 advantage in the all-time series between the two teams.

In a frustrating affair last Sunday in Rhode Island, DePaul played from behind nearly the entire second half (they tied it briefly within the first minute of the second frame), but were never able to get over the hump and take the lead. DePaul got 34 combined points on 12-for-19 from the field (63 percent) from the big man tandem of Paul Reed and Femi Olujobi, but their starting backcourt (Eli Cain, Max Strus, and Devin Gage) remarkably all went 3-for-10 from the field in an inefficient display of scoring. DePaul didn’t score from the field the last two minutes of the game and neither Olujobi nor Reed got a shot off the last five minutes of the game. Falling 70-67, it felt like another winnable game the Blue Demons let slip away.

For the Friars, junior guard Alpha Diallo leads the team in points (17.2 points per game), rebounds (8.1 rebounds per game), assists (3.3 assists per game), and steals (1.9 steals per game). At 6-foot-7-inches, he has fantastic size for his position making him a difficult cover. He scored 20 points on an inefficient 3-for-14 from the field in Providence’s win against DePaul on Sunday. He feasted at the line, hitting all 14 of his free-throw attempts.

Providence has struggled to put the ball in the basket at times this season. They are ninth in the Big East in points per game (73.0) and tenth in field goal percentage (43.0 percent). They have shot the ball below 40 percent from the field on six occasions this season yet are 3-3 in those games. The scoring struggles also extend to the free-throw stripe where the Friars shoot it at a 67.7 percent clip which is second worst in the conference.

After surrendering 14 offensive rebounds to Villanova on Wednesday, DePaul will need to shore up this facet of their game against an outstanding offensive rebounding team in Providence. The Friars lead the Big East in both offensive rebounds per game (just ahead of DePaul) and offensive rebounding percentage. The 12.24 offensive boards they average per game is the 46th best mark in the country.

DePaul will induct two of its former men’s basketball players into its Hall of Fame in a ceremony at McGrath-Phillips Arena tonight. Andre Brown was the second-leading scorer on the last DePaul Blue Demon team to qualify for the NCAA tournament (2004) and finished his time at DePaul with 855 rebounds which is the 18th-highest total for a career in Conference USA history. Brown played 75 NBA games. Brown’s contemporary Lance Williams also will be inducted. He was part of DePaul teams that qualified for the NCAA tournament (1999) and the National Invitational tournament (2000) and he went on to play professional basketball overseas and semi-professional basketball in the states from 2002-2016. Both men, along with the rest of the DePaul Blue Demon Hall of Fame class of 2019, will be introduced at halftime of the game against Providence.

For the present day Blue Demon basketball team, every game carries extra weight. Just 1.5 games separate eight teams in the conference standings with Villanova (8-0) and Marquette (8-1) duking it out on top in a two-team race for the conference title.

21 Responses to “Revenge-minded Blue Demons welcome Providence to Wintrust”

1. jeffers thompson on February 2nd, 2019 8:56 pm

URGENT AND EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL CASTER TO HELP YOU GET BACK YOUR EX LOVER VERY FAST WHATSAPP +2348124644470

My Name is Jeffers Thompson from USA, I want to say thank you to PRIEST WISDOM for the good thing he has done for me,Though am not sure if this is the best forum to show my joy and happiness for what he has done for me but i cant hide ahappiness and my Joy so i have to share it with people, my marriage got crashed about two years ago and i tried all i could within my power but to no avail. i saw post and testimonial about the good things PRIEST WISDOM has been doing so i decided to give it a try. though he is always a busy man but when he responded back to my email, he gave me 48hours for my marriage to be restored really just like he said my marriage was restored since then I am happy and i am living happily i am so grateful, PRIEST WISDOM you can always email him here: Supernaturalspell1@gmail. com or WHATSAPP / cell phone +2348124644470

2. ann earnis on February 7th, 2019 7:40 pm

HOW I GOT MY HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF PRIEST WISDOM CONTACT ON WHATSAPP NUMBER +2348124644470

This is my testimony about the good work of priest wisdom who help me…. I’m ann Earnis from norht carolina USA. And am sorry for putting this on net but i will have to, by this world best spell caster that brought back my husband who left me out for past 3 years, i eventually met this man on a blog site posting by one of is client for help, i explained everything to him and he told me about a spell caster that he had heard about and he gave me an email address to write to the spell caster to tell him my problems. In just 2 days, my husband was back to me. I just want to say thank you to this truthful and sincere spell caster, sir all you told me have come to pass and thank you sir. Please i want to tell everyone who is looking for any solution to their problem, i advice you to kindly consult this spell caster, he is real,he is powerful and whatever the spell caster tell is what will happen, because all what the spell caster told me came to pass. You can kindly contact him on: his email address is supernaturalspell1@gmail. com or directly on whasapp +2348124644470 /

;;;;

3. Chryssy Berry from USA on February 11th, 2019 8:18 pm

After 12years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he could come back to me, I was really worried and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a Love spell for me. 11hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity is real spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your ex lover back or save your marriage fast. Do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster Dr.Unity now. Here’s his contact: Call/WhatsApp him: +2348071622464 ,Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,Your kindness will never be forgotten.

4. Kallya on February 16th, 2019 5:49 am

Hello my name is Kallya from USA i want to tell the world about the great and mighty spell caster called Priest Ade my husband was cheating on me and no longer committed to me and our kids when i asked him what the problem was he told me he has fell out of love for me and wanted a divorce i was so heart broken i cried all day and night but he left home i was looking for something online when i saw an article how the great and powerful Priest Ade have helped so many in similar situation like mine he email address was there so i sent him an email telling him about my problem he told me he shall return back to me within 24hrs i did everything he asked me to do the nest day to my greatest surprise my husband came back home and was crying and begging for me to forgive and accept him back he can also help you contact
    ancientspiritspellcast@yahoo .com or ancientspiritspellcast@gmail .com

WhatsApp +2347059715465

5. Laura on March 5th, 2019 2:55 am

This is a testimony that i will tell to every one to hear. i have been married four 4 years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2 years until i meant a post where this man Dr.JEKWU have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my love Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48 hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make every one of you in similar to met with this man and have your lover back to your self His Email: jekwulovespelltemple@gmail.com you can also contact him or whatsApp him on this +1(320) 313-2035 thank so much

6. james on March 5th, 2019 2:55 am

My name james from usa want to used this medium to thank he great Dr Osuko for his benevolent work on my life i have divorced with my wife since 1years ago and ever since i have tried all my possible best to get back wife my wife, but all my effort was abortive, but i was happy when i came i contact with the great Dr Osuko, the powerful spell caster that used his love spell to re-unite with my Wife, i explained to him what the issue was, and he told me to be calm that my wife will be back to me and never to leave ever again. and i obeyed all his instruction and he did as he promised he cast the love spell for me and assured me that in 7 days my wife will be back. i never believed him until the next morning she called me and told me am sorry that she is coming back to home again. she came indeed and our love was more stronger. Contact him today and also get back with your lover, your ex,your husband and many more on his emai: osukospelltemple@gmail.com

7. Cindy on March 8th, 2019 4:36 am

My husband and I have been married for over 10 years. We met when I was 18 and he was 21. We’ve been through a lot emotionally together. There were several HUGE fights and painful situations in our marriage, but we always seemed to come out stronger on the other side. Out of the blue my husband just sprung the divorce talk on me, I was totally depressed until I found Dr.Todd website online and i ordered for a Love spell. You won’t believe my husband called me at the exact time this spell caster finished his spell work in 24hours. I was totally amazed! He is wonderful and his spells work so fast. His contact: manifestspellcast@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +27613087679

8. Clara James on March 15th, 2019 7:32 pm

GREAT LOVE SPELL CASTER PRIEST WISDOM THAT HELP ME SAVE MY RELATIONSHIP.TEXT OR ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP: +2348124644470

My name is CLARA JAMES .i want to give thanks to PRIEST WISDOM for bringing back my ex husband.No one could have ever made me believe that the letter I’m about to write would actually one day be written. I was the world’s biggest skeptic. I never believed in magic spells or anything like this, but I was told by a reliable source (a very close co-worker) that Trust is a very dedicated, gifted, and talented person,It was one of the best things I have ever done. My love life was in shambles; I had been through two divorces and was on the brink of a third. I just couldn’t face another divorce, and I wanted to try harder to make our relationship work, but my husband didn’t seem to care. and he brake up with me again.I was confuse and do not no what to do again,rather them to get in contact with PRIEST WISDOM . He did a love spell that make my husband come back to me. we are now very much happy with our self. PRIEST WISDOM make him to realize how much we love and need each other.This man is for REAL and for good.he can also help you to fix your broken relationship. I had my husband back! It was like a miracle! He suddenly wanted to go to marriage counseling, and we’re doing very, very well,in our love life.contact email Supernaturalspell1@gmail.com text or add him up on whatsApp at: +2348124644470 /////………

9. Rebecca Lopez on March 19th, 2019 2:12 pm

Rebecca Lopez is my name. I am one of the persons that have benefited from Dr Isikolo Love Spell. Dr Isikolo appeared in the middle of my life when all hope was lost. I gave up on life and thought the best way to cure my broken heart was to take my life after I tried several processes and traveled to India seeking for spell to reunite with my husband who dumped me after three years of our marriage for another lady but none of my effort worked. I made up my mind to continue with my suicide plan before a strange spirit came over me like a rain and ministered to me to search online after seeing so much talks about Dr Isikolo Love Spell Temple. I reluctantly searched and found amazing testimonies and recommendations about him which encouraged me to contact him via his email. He replied and asked me to wipe away my tears and quit any act to take my life; he said that my case is solvable after consulting his Oracle. Well, here I am today thanking Dr Isikolo for saving my life and bringing back my Husband. We are so happy today and happier than we have ever been. I am so grateful for being among the people sharing this testimony His email: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com or Whatsapp him on +2348133261196

10. Lisa Monarrez on March 20th, 2019 3:25 pm

I read some testimonies about a love spell caster by Dr Isikolo on how he has helped lots of people in bringing back their ex lovers within 48hours, Sincerely I was just thinking if that was real and if this man could really help bring back my lover whom I love so much. I decided to contact him because I love my boyfriend very much and we have been apart for a couple of months I really missed him so much, I have tried all other means to get him back but couldn’t. I contacted Dr Isikolo and he told me that my ex will come back to me in the next 48 hours, Dr Isikolo released him up to know how much i loved and wanted him. And opened his eyes to picture how much we have share together. My ex is now back to me again. As I`m writing this testimony right now I`m the most happiest girl on earth and me and my boyfriend is living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it were even before our break up. All thanks goes to Dr Isikolo for the excessive work that he has done for me by helping me to get back with my ex boyfriend. I would like to drop Dr Isikolo mail address and hope you see this testimony and contact him if you have a lover that you really want back so badly, His mail: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com You can also Whatsapp him on +2348133261196

11. MONIQUE on March 21st, 2019 10:43 pm

Getting what you want is not an act of desperation but an act to satisfy ones want, It was the quest of satisfying my wants that prompted me to contact Dr.Zabaza for a permanent solution for my relationship troubles. I have been a relationship for the past four years but my lover keeps coming up with excuses for delaying the marriage plans, And this constantly keeps me worried but i was very happy to have read about DR.ZABAZA and how he has miraculously saved other relationships. I contacted Dr.Zabaza about nine days ago and i must say since then my lover has been very eager for us to get married as matter of fact he was wants me pregnant asap. What App/Call +2348182620374 and zabaza.logan@yahoo.com those are the details you can get in touch with DR.ZABAZA

12. Luis Marshall on March 23rd, 2019 3:50 am

Hi Guys…. I just want to say a big thanks to (DR ISIKOLO) for what he has done for me and my family by helping me to win lottery. I won Four hundred and twenty thousand USD. ((420,000.00$)). His lottery spell is the best and so amazing. My life is now balance and i am Now Very Rich As i have always wanted and i am out of doubt. Are you looking for a real and genuine spell caster to help you win big in any kind of lottery you play? you can contact DR ISIKOLO , today all your plan to ever win Big in Lottery will Come True and work out well for you. His spell very real and genuine i can not still believe it And His spell also work very fast. Thank you so much Dr Isikolo for dedicating your time to cast the Lottery spell for me. I got my bills paid and my debt cleared and am still mega rich. If you need a real And Genuine spell caster to help you Win lottery, kindly contact him for fast and urgent Help isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com or Whatsapp him on +2348133261196

13. Agnes Pete on March 23rd, 2019 1:52 pm

Anyone here that has experience emotional heartbreak will understand how i feel and will understand how i went to any length to get the love of my life back up until i met the great prophet it all felt impossible and i have begin to loose hope on getting francisco back cause he left and told me he never wanted to see me again in his life and i have been the witch behind his lack of progress and he cant progress in life. but after meeting with the great DR ISIKOLO and discussed with him, he gave me my lover back something i never felt was possible anymore and i ave become a laughing stock to everyone at home and work even his business associate laughed at me and called me names. now i am smiling as my marriage invitation is given to them to also get help from this good man email at isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com and tell him magret link you up and i believe as you do so it will bring an end to all your relationship problem or Whatsapp him on +2348133261196

14. JOEL on March 24th, 2019 9:31 pm

Solution to your relationship break up or marriage divorce is at: zabaza.logan@yahoo.com Or What App/ Call +2348182620374 contact DR.ZABAZA and experience and a romantic and peaceful relationship

15. Glenda his on March 26th, 2019 10:36 am

Urgent effective love Spell caster to help you bring back ex lover & save you marriage fast contact:prophetoyinbojesus@gmail.com is certainly the best spell caster online and his result is 100% guarantee!. My Name Glenda his form Tx,USA. After 12years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr oyinbo can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr oyinbo. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.oyinbo real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Call/WhatsApp:+2348074066640 ,Email him at: prophetoyinbojesus@gmail.com

16. Chryssy Berry from USA on March 29th, 2019 12:40 am

After 12years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he could come back to me, I was really worried and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a Love spell for me. 11hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity is real spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your ex lover back or save your marriage fast. Do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster Dr.Unity now. Here’s his contact: Call/WhatsApp him: +2348071622464 ,Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com

17. tom crist on March 29th, 2019 10:20 pm

All lottery winners has a secrets they will never share to the public 90% will keep the secret of their success to the grave, but in this life of no mans own you have to help others in other for you to gain more help in the future, its been seven years now i have been playing the lottery the highest win i won was $500, night and day something inner always tell me that there is a perfect way to win the lottery so i continue my search which lead me to Great Priest Egwonga, the great voodoo doc who cast a lottery spell for me and i won ($40,000,000) i doubted him at first, but success was the final result you can ask well write him via website; https://greatpriestegwonga.wixsite.com/great-priest or Email{greatpriestegwongatemple@gmail.com} or whatsApp him on +1 (402) 225-6153

18. SAMANTA POWELL on April 1st, 2019 8:00 am

Are you in USA,Canada,UK? and you need a real spell caster to help you bring back your ex lover urgent contact assurancesolutionhome@gmail com for Urgent effective love Spell” After 9years of marriage, my husband was having an affair with a co-worker and i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with another woman and this lady i think use witchcraft or black magic on my husband to make him hate me and my kids and this was so critical and uncalled-for, I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to bring back my husband! I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Larry can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it, then he did a lovespell for me 48 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me so much, Oh My God! i was so happy, and today i am happy with my man again and we are joyfully living together as one big family and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr.Larry, he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Larry is best spell caster online who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and your lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Larry at assurancesolutionhome@gmail com or call/WhatsApp him: +1(424)-261-8520 ,to help you in getting your Ex lover back or Stop your divorce and save your marriage now.

19. Ana Manriquez on April 5th, 2019 2:02 pm

When I found Dr Isikolo I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another woman and I was left in the dark. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr Isikolo through his website and he cast a love spell to help us get back together. In less than 48 hours after he did his spell, my boyfriend started testing me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. Our relationship is now strong and stable. Thank you sir for the work you did for me. You are God sent to restore broken relationship. I highly recommends Dr Isikolo anyone in need of help. His Email: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com You can also Whatsapp him on +2348133261196

20. Helen Richmond on April 10th, 2019 1:25 pm

I’m Helen Richmond, My husband and I have been married for over 10 years. We met when I was 20 and he was 24. We’ve been through alot emotionally together. There were several HUGE fights and painful situations in our marriage, but we always seemed to come out stronger on the other side. Out of the blue my husband sprung a divorce talk on me, I was blind-sided! I didn’t see it coming, I didn’t recognize the signs. He stopped wearing his wedding ring and I thought nothing of it. He no longer finds me sexually attractive. I couldn’t help but cry all the time because I was extremely hurt. I was totally depressed until I found the Dr ISIKOLO the spell caster from Africa everyone was talking about online and i contacted him for a Love spell. During our conversation, he assured me he was going to bring my husband back in less than 48 hours of his spell casting. To me it seemed impossible. You won’t believe my husband called after immediately after 24 hours begging for me to forget whatever he said about the divorce. I was totally amazed! There is so much love in my family since i used his spells. He is wonderful and his spells work so fast. Now my husband loves me way more than before. You could also reach out to him if you are having problems with your marriage or relationship. Email: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com You can also Whatsapp him on +2348133261196

21. sabreen on April 15th, 2019 5:01 pm

i want to let the world know about Dr, Paul the Great spell caster that brought back my husband to me when i thought all hope was lost. Dr, Paul used his powerful spell to put a smile on my face by bringing back my man with his spell, at first i thought i was dreaming when my husband came back to me on his knees begging me to forgive him and accept him back and ever since then he loves me more than i ever expected so i made a vow to my self that i will let the World know about Dr, Paul because he is a God on earth. Do you have problems in your relationship ? have your partner broke up with you and you still love and want him back ? Do you have problem with your finance ? or do you need help of any kind then contact Dr, Paul today for i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you just as he helped me. Dr, Paul email is: astoriashrine@gmail.com OR dd him on whatsapp via: +2349051441669

• Revenge-minded Blue Demons welcome Providence to Wintrust

New contract between DePaul, Northwestern aims to grow Chicago rivalry

John Diener to leave DePaul

Runners-ups meet in Big East-Big 12 challenge

Billy Garrett Jr. reaches NBA, reflects on DePaul

DePaul’s role players flourish in CBI championship series

Former DePaul star Billy Garrett Jr. joins the New York Knicks

Photo Gallery: DePaul loses final game of the CBI championship series 77-65 to USF

Commentary: No Wintrust, no problem: McGrath brings the love

DePaul falls short in CBI championship game

Injury plagued Blue Demons battle for CBI championship