John Diener to leave DePaul

John Diener to leave DePaul

DePaul and Villanova will go on as scheduled Wednesday night. With that in mind, special parking measures were announced Tuesday afternoon.

The transfer portal has claimed a victim from DePaul.

Wisconsin Sports Network writer Mark Miller reports that DePaul Blue Demon guard John Diener has chosen to leave the program. Blue Demon head coach Dave Leitao redshirted the 6-foot-4-inch, Cedarburg, Wis. native last season.

Diener was a standout prep athlete in the state of Wisconsin. He averaged over 20 points per contest in all four years in high school and was named to the five-player All-Wisconsin Team his senior season by USA Today Sports. His cousin Drake Diener played at DePaul from 2001-2005.

Diener led the North Shore league in scoring with 23.2 points per game last season and finished his career with 2,250 points.

The Wisconsin native is known for his scoring prowess and caught the eye of Leitao and his staff, but also many people around the state.

“I love his ability to score the basketball, and we’re in an era right now where there is a high, high premium on shooting the basketball and knowing how to score,” Leitao said last season when Diener committed to DePaul. “He does that and actually he’s had some momentous basketball games at his high school, he’s had a celebrated career, broke some record.”

Had Diener stuck around with the Blue Demons for another year, he would have competed with Romeo Weems and Jalen Coleman-Lands for minutes at the two-guard position.

In the Blue Demons exhibition game against Division II Rockhurst College on Nov. 1, Diener played four minutes registering nothing in the box score except for one personal foul.

Diener’s departure frees up a scholarship spot on the Blue Demon’s roster for next season. He had offers from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee before ultimately choosing DePaul.

Diener is the first player to transfer away from the program in 2019. After last season, Justin Roberts and Brandon Cyrus both decided to transfer.

The Blue Demons has a top 30 recruiting class for next season, according to 247sports.

4 Responses to “John Diener to leave DePaul”

1. Joseph Bourelly on April 23rd, 2019 12:46 am

I don’t understand how Romeo Weems could possibly play shooting guard at DePaul when he currently plays power forward and will play small forward next year. Regardless, good to see Diener leave, he wasn’t going to get any playing time next year. Hate to say it but Flynn Cameron may be next. Looks like a great teammate, but with JCL, Moore, Jacobs, Gage and Shreiner playing before him on the depth chart, probably better to look elsewhere.

2. alicia pege on April 24th, 2019 2:46 am

My name is ALICIA From united states i never know that spell caster is real, I thought they are fake until I met a man called Dr BAKABA On this day i am very happy to tell the world that Johnson is back to me thanks to Dr. BAKABA who use is great powers to cast a spell that brought Johnson back to me within 3days. I really want to tell the world that Dr. BAKABA is genius and powerful this means that is capable to restore any broken relationship or marriage just within the period of 3days. And due to the fact that Dr. BAKABA is very helpful and must people will need is help to restore there relationship or marriage i will write out the contact via email: ( bakabaspelltemple@gmail.com ) or you add him on whatsApp (+2347063836098 ) or you call him, he can also help on PREGNANCY SPELL get all your problems solve. No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him now for any kind of help, ALICIA PEGE from united state THANKS Dr BAKABA

3. YOUNES ST on April 28th, 2019 4:44 am

thank you

4. Chryssy Berry from USA on May 3rd, 2019 11:13 pm

Win Your Ex Boyfriend/Girlfriend Back” After 9years of marriage, my husband was having an affair with a co-worker and i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with another woman and this lady i think use witchcraft or black magic on my husband to make him hate me and my kids and this was so critical and uncalled-for, I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to bring back my husband! I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it, then he did a lovespell for me. 11hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me so much, Oh My God! i was so happy, and today i am happy with my man again and we are joyfully living together as one big family and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr.Unity, he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity is best spell caster online who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and your lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Unity at Unityspelltemple@gmail.com or call/WhatsApp him: +2348071622464 ,to help you in getting your Ex lover back or Stop your divorce and save your marriage now.

• John Diener to leave DePaul

COMMENTARY: After four years, the time for DePaul to win is long overdue

• John Diener to leave DePaul

Former Blue Demon star participates in G League Elite Camp

• John Diener to leave DePaul

Lenti Ponsetto: ‘We haven’t arrived yet’

• John Diener to leave DePaul

The next generation of DePaul men’s basketball

• John Diener to leave DePaul

Moore transferring to DePaul from Kansas

• John Diener to leave DePaul

Moore where that came from: DePaul lands another impact transfer

• John Diener to leave DePaul

New contract between DePaul, Northwestern aims to grow Chicago rivalry

• John Diener to leave DePaul

Runners-ups meet in Big East-Big 12 challenge

• John Diener to leave DePaul

Billy Garrett Jr. reaches NBA, reflects on DePaul

• John Diener to leave DePaul

DePaul’s role players flourish in CBI championship series

John Diener to leave DePaul